AltimaForums.net is a diverse environment with people from various countries, ethnic backgrounds, ages and experiences. Taking this diversity into consideration and making AltimaForums.net an enjoyable place to discuss, we kindly ask you to follow these simple posting guidelines.
- Vulgar language, images and other offensive material including, but not limited to, race, nudity or pornography is not tolerated here. The AltimaForums.net staff will be the sole judges of what does and what does not violate the boards standards.
- While debating and discussion is fine, respect your fellow enthusiasts. Being of a diverse background, members are likely to express different opinions, and while opinions may differ from yours, they are just that, opinions; and everyone is entitled to express theirs freely. We will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, or personal attacks. Do not flame, bother, bug, disrespect, hound or taunt ANYONE on the forums and/or through private messaging. If we feel a thread is getting out of hand we will close or delete it immediately without notice. You can or will lose your posting privileges if you continue this type of behavior.
- "Trolls or Trolling", "Flames" and/or "Board Wars" are not tolerated here. Posts that taunt or are otherwise inflammatory against other sites will be removed. Also, anyone found to be making inflammatory posts and remarks on other forums (starting Flame/Board Wars) can loose their posting privileges here. This rule also applies to those that, for whatever reason, feel a need to post negative remarks about this site on other forums. If you do, don't expect to be welcomed here.
- Double posting is not allowed and can result in the deletion of one or both posts. Double posting is defined as posting the same information in two or more separate forums. We understand that some topics might fit into more than one forum, just please try to pick the best one. In addition, please do not post in the same thread back to back (another version of double posting), if you have something more to add, edit your post, just don't post twice in a row in the same thread.
- Selling or solicitation of ANYTHING in any of the forums or by private messaging without special permission, is considered Spam and is not allowed. Anyone found posting excessive links to their websites, or suspected of "sneaky" advertising will be warned and will possibly lose their posting privileges. Please post your private party ads in the AltimaForums.net Classifieds forum sections. If you are a business and have a product or service that would be of interest to our members, please click here to learn how you can join our team and help support our community. We offer a variety of low-cost packages that can be of great benefit to your company. If we consider your product to be a fake, knock-off, or copy; AltimaForums.net reserves the right to revoke your Vendor Membership at anytime.
- Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short), "smiley" only, non-sense posts and such. Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count ("post whoring") is frowned upon. If you do engage in this type of activity, we can prevent your post count from increasing from that point forward, reset your post count entirely or possibly ban your account.
- No promotions of other related sites. There is no problem with occasionally using the name of other sites but repeatedly referring to other related sites is considered "SPAM" and is not allowed. Please have the decency of NOT putting links to them in your signature, profile, or private messaging telling our members to come over to another related site. Such activity is ground for removal from signature, and repeated offenses are grounds for being banned.
- You are not allowed to post links that lead to an affiliate program or that in any way earn you something. We consider you earning something if you have an affiliate ID, website, or if you earn money from banner impressions or click-thru's. If you feel that you have a service or product that the members of AltimaForums.net can benefit from notify an Administrator.
- Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed and can quite possibly result in both accounts being removed without notice.
- Illegal transactions/sites, selling of personal information (i.e. credit cards, e-mail addresses), pornography, etc is not allowed in the forums and will result in the deletion of the post and possibly the revocation of your posting privileges.
- Don't post "Hey BigJoe1456" as a thread. If you need to speak to someone specifically, private message or email them.
- While these rules cover most common situations, we cannot anticipate everything. Therefore, we reserve the right to take any actions we think is appropriate to ensure our site is not disrupted or abused in any way.
- Moderators and Administrators have final word in anything and everything. If you have a problem or a complaint direct it to them, not to the general forums. They will then take the appropriate actions. This applies to issues with the forum in general, as well as issues with other members.
- We ask that members keep in mind membership is a privilege, NOT a right, and as a private forum, the administration and moderators have total say as to which members are, and are not allowed. The same rule applies for single posts and threads, and anything deemed to be inappropriate by any member of the staff will be removed. Members who continue to ignore this rule will be removed with no possibility of return.
These rules and guidelines can be changed over time without notice.
There is to be no advertising here at AltimaForums.net without special permission. So if you would like to advertise, setup a link exchange or so forth please go to http://www.altimaforums.net/sendmessage.php to contact us.
In addition, we don't want you uploading images and linking them to another sites. It steals our server space and robs our members of a faster AF. So, if you go to another site and plan to display a picture with a URL that starts with:
PLEASE DON'T. We can and will ban you for stealing bandwidth.
Thanks everyone for reading and following the rules and guidelines. This will ensure a healthy and exciting lifetime of AltimaForums.net!