Nissan Altima Forum banner

low idle in drive stopped at light

6K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  2010AltimaSL 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello I have a 2006 AltimA 2.5 special edition the car idles normal in park or nuetral but if I am in drive and stopped the idle drops to about 5-600rpm and the car shakes slightly. turn the a/c on and the vibration gets even worse. I just replaced the motor mounts front and top passenger side. Also I notice that the idle drops when operating the windows up or down. The the throttle body is clean and Maf sensor is also clean. I also notice the engine shakes slightly when starting the car.

I put the car in drive with my foot on the brake and rev it a little and the engine is not moving so I know the other two mounts are good.

I brought the car to two different shops and they check the car and the best answer I got was the computer may have to be replaced.

#3 ·
It hasn't actually stalled out on you? The only thing close to your experience I've had is some clogged injectors in which a fuel injection service cured the symptoms.
I agree. From prior experience, it sounds like you might be in need of a tune-up, a cleaning of your throttle body, and fuel injection service.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.