Nissan Altima Forum banner

Fuel System Service

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  jcg0324 
#1 ·
Hi all, I've had my 2014 2.5l for a few years now and pretty happy with it. Easy to maintain and has gotten us cross country and through the mountains several times. I'm here mostly because I can't find anywhere on how the fuel system service is done. I have the tools (canister and a multitude of hook-ups) however I can't find anywhere online on the procedure to do it, and yes I've used the search on this forum also. Where's the Shrader valve I can hook into for the fuel rail? What should my pressure be at?

#3 ·
My 2011 Altima 2.5s does not have a schrader valve hookup for the fuel system and yours probably does not either. Info on servicing the fuel system can be found in the factory service manual. I downloaded mine for free off the internet. To test for normal fuel pressure, drive at 65 mph on the interstate then press down hard on the gas pedal. If you can easily get up to 75 or 80 mph then your pressure is good. If the car misfires or hesitates then you may have a problem. Happy motoring.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.