Nissan Altima Forum banner

How Many Miles does your Alti have?

High miles altima owners speak up

81K views 143 replies 46 participants last post by  MikeinAlto68 
#1 ·
How many miles do you have on your altima?
2005 altima se 5 speed
205k and counting :)

#21 ·
Not to highjack here, but I saw motor mounts mentioned and got me curious. If I am driving and I let off the accelerator I feel a light movement from up front. Sort of like the engine torquing a bit, same as when I hit the gas again. My car only has 44k on it... would I need some motor mounts or is this a normal characteristic of a 2.5?

#22 ·
best way to check is pop the hood, put it in gear and rev the engine. if the engine moves..you might need new mounts. there are other things. like when im on a slight hill and put it in Reverse my 2.5 sounds like a truck.

#30 ·
170K, Leaks everywhere. I believe it's coming from the upper the oil pan. I'll just keep an eye on the oil level. That's not difficult.

The synchros between 3rd and 4th is shot. When I shift between the two, I have 'slow down' the shifting.

I think the Tein Basics are over due for servicing. But No MONIES :(

Still running though :)

#33 ·
I'm selling my Saturn this weekend. Right now I have three cars:
99 Saturn 205xxx
98 Audi a4 227xxx
05 Altima 206xxx
The Saturn drives like a champ and I out the last 70k on it.
The Audi just needs a clutch but no leaks and motor is strong.
The altima drives like it has 40k
So anything under 125k is definitely low miles in my book.
Maintenance is what really matters IMO.

#37 ·
Believe it or not, my Saturn has been the most reliable of the 5 vehicles I've owned. There's nothing to break down on it. I've had it since I was 15 it's kind of always been my backup rig. I've kept the oil changed but I defininetly haven't done it any favors. It's been driven pretty hard(redlined alot, imagine a 15 year old with a 5 speed and a few buddies who just watched the fast and furious). Just rolled over 206k today. Getting 1000 for it later tonight:)

#38 ·
I've got just over 150k on my '05 that I bought new in April of '04. Car has been pretty problematic, but the engine and trans are still going strong, so I try to keep quiet about it. The need for the third A/C compressor is really bugging me though. Still my daily driver for about 90 miles a day.

I brought home a 2013 for the night last week, but my wife talked me out of it, so I'll see how much more I can keep going with mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.