Nissan Altima Forum banner

2011 Altima Sedan - Lighting Upgrade Project

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  jcg0324 
#1 · (Edited)
So as most of you already know, I've been giving my Alti a complete facelift... In the Lighting Dept.

So check this out, I was going to attempt a Retrofit Project and try to do my front lights my self..yeah, that just didn't happen and I turned to professional help.
I ended up finding a company in Florida Called Headlight Retrofit Kit.com and I got to be a part of the design process from the paint to the type of halos used.

The reasons I went forward with a retrofit was..

A) My HID kit upgrade was great for me but when you add HIDs inside a halogen housing you become a road nuisance. I was in everybodys eyes!
I wanted to make it safer for other on coming drivers to not be blinded by my lights.

B) That clean cutoff line and purplish rainbow effect is so high end luxury looking!

Here is what we ended up designing...

We did the Morimoto H1 Ver. 7 Projectors and Did a matte black paint job on the housing.

[/URL]

[/URL]

Yes, what your looking at are DUAL projectors that stay on low beams all the time. There is a little plate that drops down inside creating instant high beams! Again,
All Four Lights!

[/URL]
But then, hell why stop there?! So, we ended up putting Morimoto XBS Switchback Halos on all the projectors ( these are brighter than a BMWs ) People can see these in direct sunlight!

[/URL]
These are what the DRL's look like!

[/URL]
With the projectors on with the white halos on at the same time.

Once these bad boys arrived at my house... INSTALL TIME!

[/URL]
My buddy Dj helping me wire all them up. Wasnt exactly plug and play but we made it work!

[/URL]
What a tangled mess!

[/URL]
Right after we bolted them on... First test!

See less See more
#6 ·
I upgraded to LED headlights and it was plug and play with no mods. I used the Hikari 9600 lm bulbs from amazon $39.95. The beams are about 50% brighter and pure white. I only did the low beams since I rarely use the highs. Didn't have to adjust the alignments or anything. It was moderately annoying installing them because you have to go in through the wheel wells but not too bad. Observe polarity. It only works when plugged in correctly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.