Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a recurring issue with my '04 2.5S (about 156K miles) -

For some reason, I keep warping the front rotors. The rear ones don't seem to have the issue. Has anyone else had this issue?

There doesn't seem to be anything else wrong with the braking system - multiple brake inspects have confirmed that, and the brakes still feel firm and stop the car just fine.

I'm thinking about replacing the brake assembly on the front wheels. I may just start with new rotors on the front to see what happens.

Just curious if this is common of if it may be specific to my car. I don't have alot of experience doing self maintenance on the car, but plan on starting.

Cheers,
SUDS

·
Premium Member
11,753 Posts
I replied in your intro post.

Another option you have, if you're putting some money into it, would be to uprage to an 04 Maxima front rotor/pad/caliper setup. It requires at least 17" wheels with the right offset or 18"+. Considering you likely have 16" wheels this will be a rather expensive choice.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
If your are going to buy rotors from your local auto parts store, make sure you get premium or ultra premium rotors.

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
if you choose to go with drilled/slotted from ebay, search for the vendor BrakeMotive. He sells a nice Kinetic drilled/slotted rotor and Powerstop ceramic pad package. Ever since switching to front/rear Kinetic rotors and Powerstop ceramic pads, I noticed a significant stopping distance and stopping power. I was very much relieved too because I had been using Autozone's gold duralast ceramic pads and they have no bite in panic stops. They were ok in regular granny gradual stopping! :D

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mike, ameguru - Thanks for the advice.

I'm looking at replacing the front rotors & pads with NAPA Ultra Premium, then the same with the rear rotors / pads when the time comes. I've got a few friends that run NAPA brand parts, and they've been pretty satisfied. We'll see what happens. Looking at doing the brake job over veteran's day weekend or the weekend after.

·
Premium Member
11,753 Posts
That's not a bad choice. Keeping it local gives you a quicker turn around if you have a problem. I'm not sure what Napa uses for a "super premium" but in many cases you're just paying for warranty with the same rotor in the box as the "lesser grade". I hope they stay straight for you anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts