Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went to change my crank position sensor after i bought a new one....and what i took out is not the same thing as what i bought....what i took out has a gear at the bottom the and different wire connection...either i took out the wrong part or what i bought is wrong....the part was on the firewall side below the trottle body... cps 04.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,498 Posts
Is that what you took out in the top of the picture?

That smaller part in the bottom is actually the sensor...if thats what you bought then you definitely got a
crank position sensor.

"...it's not about the parts-it's about the look and feel of the car as a whole" - Jason Whipple, Rotiform

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is that what you took out in the top of the picture?

That smaller part in the bottom is actually the sensor...if thats what you bought then you definitely got a
crank position sensor.

yes, the top piece is what i took out...if the bottom piece is the sensor, where does it go...i looked all over and couldn't see anything else around that area....(back of the engine/front of the tranny)

·
Registered
84 Posts
i went to change my crank position sensor after i bought a new one....and what i took out is not the same thing as what i bought....what i took out has a gear at the bottom the and different wire connection...either i took out the wrong part or what i bought is wrong....the part was on the firewall side below the trottle body... View attachment 705
What you removed is the Vehicle Speed Sensor. The Crank Shaft Position Sensor (CKP) is located in the back part of the oil pan or the bell housing.
First of all, what engine is in your car; a QR25DE or a VQ35DE? The QR25DE has two sensors - a CKP and a CMP. The VQ35DE has three sensors - a CKP and two CMPs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts