Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Specs: 2005 nissan altima s 169,xxx miles
stock 2.5 L No check engine light

I was leaving work the other night and got in my car pulled out of my spot and started to exit the parking lot when I noticed my car was making an odd knocking noise. So naturally I parked and popped the hood and decided to check out the problem. The noise was coming from the belt pulley drive. I cut the engine off and let it sit for a minute and started it back up, and it was still making noise. But when I cut off the A\C it quieted down, so I limped her home and decided I’d take a look on my next off day. When I got home that evening after my ten minute commute home at operating temp I didn't hear the unusual noise. That was last Thursday so keep in mind I hadn't started my car since then before today. (Sat for 5 days) So I went to start her today turns over fine like normal for a second then turns over very rapidly but never fired off. I'm not really sure where to begin trouble shooting my first thought was timing chain, but when at idle she never idled rough. keeping my fingers crossed thats not it.

Edit* forgot to add all fluid leves are good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Having similar issue, how was this resolved?

Specs: 2005 nissan altima s 169,xxx miles
stock 2.5 L No check engine light

I was leaving work the other night and got in my car pulled out of my spot and started to exit the parking lot when I noticed my car was making an odd knocking noise. So naturally I parked and popped the hood and decided to check out the problem. The noise was coming from the belt pulley drive. I cut the engine off and let it sit for a minute and started it back up, and it was still making noise. But when I cut off the AC it quieted down, so I limped her home and decided I’d take a look on my next off day. When I got home that evening after my ten minute commute home at operating temp I didn't hear the unusual noise. That was last Thursday so keep in mind I hadn't started my car since then before today. (Sat for 5 days) So I went to start her today turns over fine like normal for a second then turns over very rapidly but never fired off. I'm not really sure where to begin trouble shooting my first thought was timing chain, but when at idle she never idled rough. keeping my fingers crossed thats not it.

Edit* forgot to add all fluid leves are good.
Have an 2005 2.5, MT, cranks but will not start. No CEL, Security light turns off while cranking. Has spark and no fuel, pump not running, checked ECM terminal 114- good, checked condenser power supply- good, found no continuity on condenser ground circuit. I have not been able to trace where the wire goes, the condenser is close to the fuel pump underneath back seat, ground for condenser goes towards the trunk, not sure where it is grounded. Anyone have any idea? Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts