Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has 150,000 km so far. I bought it at 80k two years ago from an old couple. So far I changed cam/crank sensor and the battery. Engine and transmission still feels smooth. No leaks. AC/heater works fine.

During recent oil change, the guy showed me front wheel has freeplay so he said I need to check tie rods or control arm or ball joints damage. I do feel steering vibration on highway and upon braking.

I was thinking if I go on and put money in this car and make it last another 100k what else can I upgrade for driving pleasure/peace of mind? Suspension kit, new set of rotors are coming to mind.

Appreciate some input from those who has/had this car for long time and knows whats best. My budget is 1000$ for parts.
Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
When I rebuilt the engine and trans in my 2003, I went the whole nine yards and changed the lower control arms since the lower balljoints were worn (200k miles). I also changed the sway bar bushings and end links, the front struts, as well as wheel bearings and brake rotors and pads (brake fluid flush, as the fluid was black).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts