Nissan Altima Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Both cam and crank sensors were 61 dollars together. All the other parts needed to be done the price you pay for buying a car that wasn't well taken care of by the previous owner.

The car got a needed tune up and once those sensor's are installed the starting issue will be resolved. ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
haha I hope so I actually love the car and I bought lowering springs for it just waiting to order the struts.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Yep , +1

·
Registered
48 Posts
That is good news. I have been having intermittent issues with mine that I am pretty sure are related to the ignition coils (Flashing SES light and really rough idle, plus occasional long cranking bouts). I've had the no starting issue on occasion since the car was about a year old. My favorite answer from the dealership was "you can't move the car short distances, like backing it out of the driveway to let out my other car and then just turn it off, it has to run for about 15 minutes, otherwise it will flood and can't start again until it evaporates."

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
That is good news. I have been having intermittent issues with mine that I am pretty sure are related to the ignition coils (Flashing SES light and really rough idle, plus occasional long cranking bouts). I've had the no starting issue on occasion since the car was about a year old. My favorite answer from the dealership was "you can't move the car short distances, like backing it out of the driveway to let out my other car and then just turn it off, it has to run for about 15 minutes, otherwise it will flood and can't start again until it evaporates."

That sucks but it does sound a lot like the sensor and the problems I was having with my car. The crank sensor sucked mostly because I'm short and it was hard to get at but over all it wasn't the worst part to replace.

·
Registered
48 Posts
That sucks but it does sound a lot like the sensor and the problems I was having with my car. The crank sensor sucked mostly because I'm short and it was hard to get at but over all it wasn't the worst part to replace.
It took me a while on that crank sensor too, that was one of my problems last year. Between my lack of height and it being buried in the engine mount for whatever reason they were thinking, it took over an hour. Honestly it was about as bad as changing a headlight on my Subaru, which is insanely difficult for a routine part.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Another one that repaired that famous Crank Sensor !

21 - 32 of 32 Posts