Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone and thanks to this forum I can maybe get help..Ok so I got the dreaded 0507 error code so upon advice I pulled the throttle body after first making sure to disconnect battery and all other electrical wires...long story short, ive now ended up with a very high idle..going from one disaster to another..Can someone please tell me if I need an idle relearn and if so, how do I do it for an 07 hybrid...all the posts Ive read on this site is for older Altima's like 2006 and below.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any idea what it would cost for the re-learn, the service guy at my local Nissan said they would call back but never did..and its the weekend so i'm not holding out much hope..btw, must it be a Nissan dealer only or can another (less expensive) garage be up to the task ?

rgrds

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I put a brand new (hitachi) throttle body..i STILL have the high idle..so it seems like no one knows this because I've been posting in a million places for advice with throttle body issues and hardly anyone has responded..anyway, even with a brand new TB it looks like I have to fork over $160.00 (in California anyway) for an idle relearn...its not going to learn it by itself and there is NO manual way of doing this for a 2007 Hybrid...let me be the first to state so (apparently).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Am i the only 07 altima Hybrid Owner with this problem on this Planet ?

with the millions of Nissan Altima owners (well maybe less for hybrid owners) its astounding to me that I have posted at close to 10 forums and have only received a handful of replies...

My problem continues to have only a few responders that can give me a definitive answer..I have now replaced the Throttle body of my 07 Altima hybrid and I STILL get the high idle. Dealer wants $160 to re-learn idle...Is there any other way to do this other than to drag my car to the dealer ? My hope was by getting a new TB I could avoid the re-learn, apparently the car is not going to re-learn on its own..and all those manual re-learn you find plastered all over youtube are for '06 and below years.

1on1

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it wont work on a Hybrid because when you start engine, engine doesn't really engage..its silent..i guess i'll be the only one driving a hybrid that's ever had this problem...sigh..very frustrating. I guess I've no choice but to dish out my $160 for a relearn as I have not received one advice suggesting I can do a manual re-learn without scan tool.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the quick response..i have schedualed an appointment tomorrow with Nissan dealer..in the meantime, your right, I would feel much better having tried something before "surrendering" to the dealers. Where would I find the 3rd gen re-learn procedure..i know I saw it somewhere, just don't remember where.

thankyou

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
relearn...

i don't get this point..

"7) Count seven 'steamboat' seconds from last of the five releases".

what exactly does it mean?

·
Premium Member
11,752 Posts
Pump the pedal 5 times, all the way up and all the way down relatively quickly. When you have pumped the pedal the fifth time, step off the pedal and count slowly to 7. Then put the pedal right to the floor and hold it there until the light starts to blink.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't know where my response..i thought I posted it right below your last contact with me..at any rate, I tried to do the test 8-9 times. It went as far as the "service light" switching off...me immediately starting to drive the car (remember, hybrid will be on battery when idling so the engine is effectively off or hibernating).. anyway, it went straight to high idle after the engine starts to take over from the battery. I did it said times and the idle just wont go down....no mater what.

rgrds

·
Registered
51 Posts
ImageUploadedByAG Free1431501136.668420.jpg

I don't know man I just did an idle air volume learn on a 07 Altima Hybrid with zero problems using the Nissan consult 3 plus scanner. Try a different dealer.

·
Registered
51 Posts
One thing I did though was to do the manual run for the internal combustion (IC) engine while doing the IAVL. Not sure if your dealer knew to do that or not.

Basically turn ignition switch on without using the brake, then hold the brake down (during this whole process after first turning the ignition on), hit the gas pedal twice to the floor on and off, shift to neutral, stomp gas twice to floor again, shift to park, stomp the gas twice again then hit the start button and the IC should start and remain on until you cycle the ignition. That's how to manually run the IC engine however this prob won't help you do a manual IAVL procedure without the Nissan scanner. The dealer tech should know how to do this, maybe kindly ask the tech if that's how they did it. Sometimes techs don't take kindly to people asking those kinda questions especially off some Internet forum.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Turbuzzy-

Appreciate your input..to be clear, my whole initial attempt was to try to do the idle/air relearn manually on my own (with the pedal dance)..when that failed, I went to Nissan who told me I need to replace the TB..the comedy started when they told me $1295 parts and labour to replace & idle adjust. Thank-god for the internet marketplace I was able to find a new TB for $65 Shipped....yea, no kiddin. Anywhoo, long story short I replaced the TB and still high idle so my attempts at trying to manually do idle/air relearn failed..again,. Fast forward to yesterday: Now its all behind me..but just to recap, i went back to Nissan and paid the ransome $$ of $160 to reset the high idle using their scanner. What I am quite disappointed about,is that with so many mechanics pro's and savvy mechanics posting in a half dozen sites, no one, nowhere, suggested that it is basically IMPOSSIBLE to do the "pedal dance" (idle/air relearn) on a Hybrid without the Nissan scan tool..had I known this I would not have wasted so many days trying to figure out how to do it on my own. I never found any mention of this on any of the forums including youtube...had I had any warning, I would have thougt twice about trying to clean the TB and move the butterfly in the process...I perhaps would have delayed it until I needed smog which would have been in a year from now....at any rate its now done and dusted now. I wonder how many more " dealer only" scenario's this car has waiting for me. Also, so few threads/chats online from Hybrid owners...was this model made/sold very few or something ??

rgrds

1 - 20 of 29 Posts