Nissan Altima Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yes I understood your story from the get go but thanks for recapping it. My point is that the dealership should be able to perform the IAVL and that maybe they don't know what they're doing. That's why I suggested trying a different dealership.

I've never had to do the manual IAVL procedure on any car since I have access to our scanner so I didn't know it couldn't be done manually on a hybrid.

I would contact Nissan consumer affairs and maybe get them involved. Or first maybe contact the service manager or general manager at that dealer and explain what has happened. Ask if they know what they're doing in regards to performing an IAVL on a hybrid and how it requires additional steps such as putting the IC engine manually on such as I've explained above. Coolant temps must be 70 degrees Celsius min to perform this.

I don't wanna make it seem like that dealer isn't good, I'm just thinking what if that tech isn't familiar with IAVL procedure on a Altima hybrid? I'm a master tech and there's stuff I'm still learning too.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Here you go I found the procedure for IAVL on a hybrid without the scanner.

This is the preconditioning process that needs to be done first.

ImageUploadedByAG Free1431532670.262264.jpg

ImageUploadedByAG Free1431532411.529706.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1431532444.835004.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1431532475.300497.jpg

This is the Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning procedure from step 2

ImageUploadedByAG Free1431532604.940337.jpg

Let me know if these come out ok from my phone.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
thanks to all of you for attempting to address my problems..in the end I forked out the $160 and got Nissan to Adjust it...but now have a strange problem right after the idle/air relearn was completed...my MPG has gone from like 37mpg to 28mpg. I pump at the same station, drive even slower now because I am trying to see if reducing my speed would make a difference...its day 3 now and still at 28mpg...so what gives ? Is the relearn I did just coincidence? what could cause the mpg to plummet like this ? Oh and YES I have driven it on the freeway to see if the numbers may go up but so far, not.

·
Registered
3 Posts
same issur

hello I am having the same issue with my nissan altima hybrid but its a 2011 I was trying to look at the photos you sent but they are blurry do you have any clearer ones

Here you go I found the procedure for IAVL on a hybrid without the scanner.

This is the preconditioning process that needs to be done first.

View attachment 6522

View attachment 6490
View attachment 6498
View attachment 6506

This is the Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning procedure from step 2

View attachment 6514

Let me know if these come out ok from my phone.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey, I am in the same boat, wanted to clean my throttle body and now have this idle rev issue you are describing. I was able to get into the relearn part, but unable to complete due to EV mode and not idling. Any resolutions or advice? Dealer only? Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So, I was able to figure out the manual relearn process for hybrid and it resolved my idle jumping after throttle body cleaning.

Attached is a screenshot of steps directly from Nissan EC manual for an 08 hybrid! Someone please sticky this & hopefully this helps someone. Took 3 tries to get the timing right; just slightly different post starting.

Full EC manual can be downloaded here.

Attachments

21 - 29 of 29 Posts