Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a search through the forum, didn't see anything that applies to my problem. I'm requesting some help from the community.

I bought a used Altima from a coworker last year, had no problems until I left on a work trip for a few months. My wife told me that it was overheating.

I just checked on what the issue could be and found a hole in one of the pipes. Could someone assist with the name of the part? I have been doing some searching for parts diagrams but can't find it.

I circled the hole and the pipe in the pictures. The pipe looks like a return from the cabin.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
You're most welcome. I doubt it. Once the plating goes and rust sets in, there isn't usually enough metal left to repair. The only thing that might work is to grind it clean and use plumbing solder, but that's a lot of work for what will only be a temporary repair to a $75 part.

·
Administrator
308 Posts
Jbweld might work for some short time. Allow the Jbweld to harden then wrap some duck tape over and around the pipe. However don't forget about it if it works. Get it fixed ASAP; any future overheating can screw up the CVT; then you're talking major $$$$ out of your pocket.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
You could hit the JY. That part fits '07~'12 so it shouldn't be hard to find, and that's kind of an unusual failure if I'm reading it right. It looks like the plating failed and it rusted from outside-in. On the other hand, if the system has been full of plain water and that rust is really from inside-out, you're in bigger trouble than just a pipe if it doesn't get some immediate TLC.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts