Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey I was just wondering if anyone's 07's mufflers or whatever you call it sit pretty low to the ground? I can hear mine scratching almost everytime I back out of the driveway..is there a TSB for this? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
Yes, I've noticed this too. I am unsure why they hung the system so low. I can't recall how many times i've scraped on speed bumps WITHOUT lowering springs.

·
Registered
46 Posts
yeah i have to go really slow on speed bumps, almost like my car is lowered...

·
Registered
449 Posts
That was a problem with the third gen too. The cars are too low in general. The bottom is constantly scratching.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Agreed

I just recently bought my 05' Se and I thought it looked low as well. And it turns out it is because I scratch my pipes when I get off a ramp or something. I don't mind, I like to the way the "lowered" look. Saves me money on lowering springs as I think it's low enough. Just gotta take it easy I guess.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I just recently bought my 05' Se and I thought it looked low as well. And it turns out it is because I scratch my pipes when I get off a ramp or something. I don't mind, I like to the way the "lowered" look. Saves me money on lowering springs as I think it's low enough. Just gotta take it easy I guess.
But eventually something from the bottom may spring a leak or break.. So it isn't really saving money if you catch my drift.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts