Nissan Altima Forum banner
2K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  black05alti 
#1 ·
So I just bought my Altima about a month ago, and just recently got a job at a car dealership selling Lincolns and Mazdas. I'll be making some serious money if I manage to sell cars well enough. So what would you guys suggest I get to deck my Altima out? I'd like to get at least 200 bhp out of her, rather than the stock 175 bhp for starters. I'd like to not have to do too much in the way of modifying things and keep it strictly to subracting stock parts and adding in performance parts. Anything where I have to do a ton of tuning is a bit beyond my reach right now. I'd also like to customize the appearance. It has tan fabric upholstery, which is nice, but I'm looking to reupholster and do some cool interior mods. I used to restore older Mercurys, so customizing is something I'm not all that familiar with yet. Any suggestions?

#3 ·
What would you suggest for an intake? Cold air, ram air, or just something better than OEM, but still thermostatic? Exhaust I've pretty much got under control, I was searching the web today and found a couple good high performance exhausts and headers.

So essentially the questions remaining are, 1)which would be better for the car, life wise 2)which would give me the maximum horse power 3) which one would perform better in a Massachusetts winter?

#4 ·
I think the only choice for your car is short ram. I have a short ram intake and love it. What catback and header are you getting? Header would probably free up the most HP, but all of them working together would be ideal. Don't know about MA winters, I'm in FL. Any of them would be good for the car.

#5 ·
for a cheap external mod, you would use Plastidip which is a rubbery, spray on adhesive that is semi permanent. You spray on several coats and if you make a mistake or don't like the look, you can simply peel it off. Most people use it to cover up the chrome. It's available for $6 a can at home depot or your local hardware store, but they have other colors as well as glossy black. The standard can is matte black.

You can get the other colors at dipyourcar.com

I put it on the chrome parts of my front grille, emblem and made my own eyelid overlays on my headlight assemblies to cover up that nasty amber from the parking lights

#7 ·
yup, I can't believe why I never tried Plastidip a lot sooner!!

I'm going to try thinking of how I want to do the side skirts. I'll want to redo the hood stripes with glossifier black and probably get better results with the spray can attachment...probably get much more even sprays.

#13 ·
It seemed like I did - I covered the front grill and window chrome and it looked good for about 2 weeks. I must have put 3-4 coats on it, and when I finally decided to strip it off the pieces that came off were not that thin. What it might have been was my surface prep that caused it not to adhere right. Either way I loved the way it looked just wished it had worked out better for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.