Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I looked up the codes but have no clue realistically if this means I shouldn’t drive my car as damaging it further is not something I desire translation please =
oh an of course “service eng soon“ light is on as well.
if anyone can tell me what these codes really mean in lay terms that would help a lot.
Rocky.

·
Registered
975 Posts
The P0102 is a "flatline" code for the MAF sensor, it means the MAF signal went to 0V. Usually that's a wiring problem and not a bad MAF, so it's common for the code to be intermittent. Either way, check the wire loop where the MAF connector terminates, fatigued wires will usually be within the last few inches of harness feeding into the connector.

The P0850 is a "range switch" code indicating the TCM saw the Park/Neutral (PNP) switch showing Park when the vehicle was in gear or in gear when it was in Park. Like P0705 on the Versas, that code can be caused by a low grade short in the Backup Lamp circuit from a bad/wrong bulb or a corroded socket. It can also be caused by a misadjusted Range Switch and is fairly common after a tranny gets worked on.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Thanks for the feed back... could this short be causing me to have intermittent battery discharge issues ?
You're most welcome. Remotely possible but unlikely. The backup lamp circuit is dead when the ignition is off. The brake circuit is alive, but there would have to be electrical leakage at the pedal switch for any problem at the bulbs to cause a draw.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're most welcome. Remotely possible but unlikely. The backup lamp circuit is dead when the ignition is off. The brake circuit is alive, but there would have to be electrical leakage at the pedal switch for any problem at the bulbs to cause a draw.
So my question now is: could their possibly be anything mechanical going on with these codes cuz my tranny is acting wierd ..?

·
Registered
975 Posts
The tranny will probably act weird until you resolve and clear the P0850. Very likely the TCM is going "limp" because of the code. The P0102 will do the same to the ECM by limiting throttle opening.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts