Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought this car almost mint condition. First thing I noticed was that there was water under the rear seat cushion and in the trunk. Did a little research and a test. Poured water in all 4 corners of my sunroof (open) and checked the drainage tubes (behind each 4 wheels). Sure enough both rear tubes were leaking into the rear seat area.
Pulled the plastic pieces that say airbag from the rear pillars (behind rear seat) and mid pillars (behind drivers and passenger seats). Take out the 10mm Bolts. Remove plastic inserts for rear passenger Oh ---- handles and remove them (no Bolts). Pull down the headliner just a little, enough to see where the tubes connect to plastic parts at the end of the sunroof gutters. Mine were leaking around the plastic parts so I removed them (held on by some type of putty). Cleaned em up and used silicone and reinstalled. Blew out the drain tubes with compressed air (one of mine was clogged) hooked them back up. Tested with water again and perfect water flow out of each drain line. Reinstalled everything and done.. No pics sorry. Hope this helps someone out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts