Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2015 nissan altima
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm hoping this can help anyone out with the following information about radio wire colors with pin numbers on the specific plugs for the radio and speakers for a 2016-2018 Nissan Altima SV but I am guessing it's for more than just my specific model. I used this information for installing a 1000 watt 4 channel amp to my factory radio and aftermarket speakers in the front doors and rear deck speakers. I searched for weeks through all the forums through Google and BING and couldn't find a definitive answer on the exact colors, the pinout is what helped me out the most, the wire color that is in the exact hole or pin. Hope this helps...this is for both Bose with factory amp and non-Bose systems.

It says I can get in trouble for disclosing this "confidential" information at the bottom of the page but I don't see how I can and I'll take the risk lol.. View attachment 101973

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
It says I can get in trouble for disclosing this "confidential" information at the bottom of the page but I don't see how I can and I'll take the risk lol.. View attachment 101973
Not to worry; it's just standard legaleez. Take the case of FSMs. Most of us have copies of them; here's what's written on the first page:
All rights reserved. No part
of this Service Manual may
be reproduced or stored in a
retrieval system, or transmit-
ted in any form, or by any
means, electronic, mechani-
cal, photo-copying, record-
ing or otherwise, without the
prior written permission of
Nissan North America, Inc.

·
Registered
2015 nissan altima
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya I just wish I would of been able to find something concrete like this information for my Altis specific years online when I was upgrading the sound system. I spent countless hours surfing and searching and having to take someone's word for it with the info they give not knowing whether it's the correct info or not. That's why I wanted to get it out there since I got the sheet from a buddy who runs a car audio shop because with all that time searching the web I never ran across this sheet or online version of..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ya I just wish I would of been able to find something concrete like this information for my Altis specific years online when I was upgrading the sound system. I spent countless hours surfing and searching and having to take someone's word for it with the info they give not knowing whether it's the correct info or not. That's why I wanted to get it out there since I got the sheet from a buddy who runs a car audio shop because with all that time searching the web I never ran across this sheet or online version of..
Hi Jrcollins89, A bit off-topic but looks like you've spent quite a time with Nissan's audio systems and might be able to help. I've Nissan Altima 2016 without Bose & Nav system, I think it has 07 speakers pre-installed; 1 front center, 2 front corners, 2 front doors, & 2 in rear doors. The sound is OK and I don't want to install an amp, but interested to install 02 rear speakers (6x9) in the back which is currently void space.

I was thinking of installing JBL or Infinity 6x9 speaker but while looking for any connectors in the back under the space, I wasn't able to find any connectors or wires where I can connect these speakers to, do I need to run a wire all the way to the head unit or rear door speaker for this installation?

Thanks for your time!

·
Registered
2015 nissan altima
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well first off, I believe that if you have the middle dash speaker then you have the Bose package. Look to see if you have an amp tucked away in your trunk somewhere, usually under the back deck in between the 6×9 speaker holes. But if you're wanting to add some 6×9s you're going to want them to be for mids and lows so it would be really easy to just run some new speaker wire and tie them in to your back door speakers. So just cut a slot out of the protective sleeve on each positive and negative wire for both speakers and splice the 6×9s into them.i did the same thing to mine, just opposite, I added rear door speakers and spliced them to my rear decks. There wouldn't be a connector there since there isn't any there to begin with but it's a really simple little job, and makes for a good little Saturday project. It's easy taking the side panels off and the seat out but be careful taking out the rear deck plastic lid cover, you don't want to break those tabs. You have to squeeze them from inside the trunk and push them up first, you can find out on YouTube how to remove it for our cars, there is plenty of videos on the subject. I hope I was able to help out if only just a little bit, let me know if there's anything else I can help clarify for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well first off, I believe that if you have the middle dash speaker then you have the Bose package. Look to see if you have an amp tucked away in your trunk somewhere, usually under the back deck in between the 6×9 speaker holes. But if you're wanting to add some 6×9s you're going to want them to be for mids and lows so it would be really easy to just run some new speaker wire and tie them in to your back door speakers. So just cut a slot out of the protective sleeve on each positive and negative wire for both speakers and splice the 6×9s into them.i did the same thing to mine, just opposite, I added rear door speakers and spliced them to my rear decks. There wouldn't be a connector there since there isn't any there to begin with but it's a really simple little job, and makes for a good little Saturday project. It's easy taking the side panels off and the seat out but be careful taking out the rear deck plastic lid cover, you don't want to break those tabs. You have to squeeze them from inside the trunk and push them up first, you can find out on YouTube how to remove it for our cars, there is plenty of videos on the subject. I hope I was able to help out if only just a little bit, let me know if there's anything else I can help clarify for you.
Thanks, @Jrcollins89.
This is really helpful! I've double-checked the trunk for an amp but couldn't find one. I know for sure there's a speaker in the middle of the dash, but there is no sign of Bose logo or anything. I haven't popped up the speaker grill to check the brand but something is beating there. :)

As mentioned earlier, I don't plan to install an amp so will be splicing wires from the rear door speakers for the new install. Based on your experience, do you think the factory head unit will be having enough juice for a good punch especially lows? I know this is a loose question but just wanted to have your view.

Once again, thanks for your time and sharing info.

·
Registered
2015 nissan altima
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Ya it is, but if you don't want to add an amp or sub but looking to enhance your listening experience then getting a new head unit would be the way to go because the factory radio just doesn't give out that much power. If you are like me and prefer the look of the factory dash, and stereo over an aftermarket radio and dash kit, there's some really cool head units that keep the factory look but has the android system with internet, android auto, Ect. that I'm putting the link to below. For the longest the only option was that $1000 Infotainment upgrade but I found these that are a badass price and there's a few that are cheaper and a few more expensive but it's made for our Altima years and they are straight plug and play, no having to rewire anything, just match the connector plugs. It's what I'm in the process of getting now. You would definitely get more power to your speakers with an aftermarket head unit but if you're just adding rear deck speakers then your stock one is still good enough. Adding 6×9s in general, you're guaranteed to hear way better lows than you do now. But check it out these few options that keep the factory look...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts