Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help on this one. My altima has been losing electrical power and then the engine runs rough and then dies. It is intermittent issue. While driving I notice that my radio starts turning on and off, the wipers and windows slow down in speed and struggle to move and all my lights dim on the inside and outside. When I give it gas the battery and brake light will blink together until I let off of the gas. It will kick back on and be fine for a little but than happen again. The engine will then surge and with the pedal floored I can't drive over 15 mph with the car bucking a lot. The engine will die and it has a hard time restarting. Once restarted it will act like that again and then it will click on and I am fine for a little while. I have had the alternator checked twice at Autozone and they said it is fine. I have changed the negative battery cable and the positive battery connector. When the engine is running it sounds and idles normally until I start to lose electrical power and then it surges up and down until it dies on me. Does anyone have any clue what could be causing this? The check engine light isn't on and it isn't showing any code.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is an old post, any chance you figured out what was happening? I'm having the same issue!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts