Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I had what I thought was an oil leak from my oil cooler. It looked like the cooler to block interface - replaced that gasket.

After replacement of the gasket above I still saw oil leaking from the top of the oil cooler which is the square part of the oil cooler and uses a "rubber" O-Ring.

Ok, with me so far?

My question is is not the top section for coolant coolant flow and the block side oil flow? If so why am I seeing oil and not coolant?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Coolant flows through that top block but not into the oil cooler itself. You can unbolt the top part of the cooler by removing those 4 small 10mm bolts and replacing that orange rubber gasket. Then replace that paper gasket on the block. Clean off and voila!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yup all done it cost $65 for both the power steering sensor replaced oil cooler leak to be fixed. The repair shop wanted $800 for the oil cooler fix and $400 for the sensor replacement!

Took me two hours and that was slow methodical work and cleaning by hand the under carriage.

That means the shop wanted me to pay them roughly $400 per hour!

Book labor time is BS!

·
Registered
51 Posts
That's cool. Yeah I don't know what labor rate book they were using but thats a very high quote. Maybe they missed something.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts