Nissan Altima Forum banner
41 - 60 of 76 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Off topic question as well. I’m trying to change the wiring connector to fit the new harness for the top lamps but when i pulled the pins out i noticed these pins were different then mine. Would you have any idea where to buy these pins?
Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Steering part Automotive mirror
Wheel Automotive tire Steering part Automotive design Motor vehicle

· Registered
1,463 Posts
Trying to swap wires is probably a vain exercise. You need to get the switches that originally fit whatever VIN that SL harness came out of, but without the VIN I have no idea whether that's even doable. DPIC might be able to cross reference it if you visit the dealership with the harness part number in hand and explain the situation. Contacting DPIC usually takes a day or two to get a response, but they have access to builder and vendor databases that dealers can't access.

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Yea won't even bother trying to repin the door harness. I might try to bring this SL switch with me to a Junk yard and just testing if the pins line up with other SLs
Would there be any way to figure out the name of this type of pin in the picture? I would assume they are more places to get that type of pin because i doubt it would be a Nissan only pin.

· Registered
1,463 Posts
Amp, Molex, Delphi, Bosch, and others all make their own pins that only work with their own connector systems. The pins are probably available from Mouser or Digi-Key, but you'd have to identify the connector type. Nissan isn't very forthcoming about that..

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 · (Edited)
Amp, Molex, Delphi, Bosch, and others all make their own pins that only work with their own connector systems. The pins are probably available from Mouser or Digi-Key, but you'd have to identify the connector type. Nissan isn't very forthcoming about that..
Yea i just went with splicing the original wiring and adding some heat shrink haha i just really wanted more experience with pinning / de-pinning. I just received the auto headlight sensor and plugged it in but the headlights won’t come on in the auto position on the controller. Is there something else that could be preventing them from coming on?
Handwriting Font Parallel Rectangle Drawing

I went over this and i can't seem to figure out what I'm missing. The auto light sensor wasn't getting power from what I could tell. Besides that everything else was working correctly

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Not many scanners besides the Consult3+ can do it. The only ones I know about are the top end SnapOn Solus and the AutoEnginuity with the Nissan enhancement package.
Ah yea i thought that, I do have the old BCM for that harness so if I could figure out a cheap way to reprogram my existing key to work with that BCM maybe that will be the best work around. Do you think i would need to do this to make the auto windows function correctly as well?

· Registered
1,463 Posts
Only for the auto roll-up/roll-down feature. Aside from that the BCM doesn't participate in working the windows. The biggest part of getting those right will be identifying the correct master and slave set. The BCM configuration isn't really a big deal. About 10 minutes (including booting up the hideously slow Consult), so if the dealership wants to charge you more than 30 minutes labor it's robbery.

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Only for the auto roll-up/roll-down feature. Aside from that the BCM doesn't participate in working the windows. The biggest part of getting those right will be identifying the correct master and slave set. The BCM configuration isn't really a big deal. About 10 minutes (including booting up the hideously slow Consult), so if the dealership wants to charge you more than 30 minutes labor it's robbery.
Okay thank you so much. Do you think the dealership would even say they could do it?

· Registered
1,463 Posts
If they don't know how to configure one then they can't possibly replace one. That would make them a blue light special in the Totally Incompetent department. You read it, you change it, you write it back. Definitely not rocket science.

· Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know if I would be able to swap the wiring harness for my 2.5S with a harness from a 2.5SL or even a 3.5SL to incorporate the use of the heated seats, and steering wheel controls, and any other features?
I'm not sure exactly which wiring harness I would have to purchase but I already have my hands on the harness for the heated seats and have my eyes on the steering wheel with volume controls. I'm just not sure what harnesses i would need or if I need to swap out the fuse box for the heated / power seats also.
you'll need a different head unit and possibly a new spiral cable. Be advised that the console and dashpad both need to be removed to replace the Main Harness. It isn't a small job.

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Here’s an update… It’s not good :)

Automotive tire Hood Gesture Motor vehicle Bumper

Hand Hood Automotive tire Finger Automotive lighting

So I purchased a left door harness with auto windows and some how everything fits except the actual connector for the door motor. Maybe this is why i wasn’t able to use the left door window at all..did Nissan seriously have different motors for auto and non auto or am i doing something wrong? ALSO just bought an entire front driver door from the junk yard since i couldn’t find the harness just to find out that someone shoved an auto switch into the harness connector that was for a regular switch. Hopefully they will help me out ( probably not ) and i can maybe get the right side motor if i need one.

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Also to add on to the weirdness that’s going on, for some reason even with the new harness for the passenger side i still cannot use the lock switch but for some reason the lock will engage from the key fob

· Registered
1,463 Posts
The "auto" motors have an encoder built in, the plain jane motors don't. That's probably why the connectors are different. The lock switch not working means the Slave still isn't communicating with the BCM or Master. The locks are driven by the BCM but the lock button is monitored by the window switch. So if the switch can't communicate the button status, then the button won't work. The fob communicates directly to the BCM, so there's no middleman.

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
I've got all harnesses working now and am able to lock the doors so once I get this motor it should be working 100% I wired my power seat straight to the battery with a fuse of course but I then had poor power when starting my car. Could the power seat be draining power when not in use? I looked at the wiring diagram and it seems like the factory wiring goes straight from the battery to the seat so I'm not too sure.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts