Nissan Altima Forum banner
61 - 76 of 76 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
I’m about to have my BCM reprogrammed but was wondering if the temperature on the dash would show up. I don’t know if there’s a thermostat that needs to be installed or if I’d need a new cluster

i have another BCM and the little box that’s behind the cluster from a 2.5SL that maybe i could use

· Registered
1,463 Posts
If you swap the BCM you'll need to get the keys reprogrammed. The ambient temp uses a sensor up in the grille, but I don't know if your cluster will be programmed to display it and I don't know if your Engine Room Harness will have the pigtail for it. It's a regular balance-resistor setup with one wire going to the cluster, so it should be easy enough to wire up provided the cluster will recognize it.

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
If you swap the BCM you'll need to get the keys reprogrammed. The ambient temp uses a sensor up in the grille, but I don't know if your cluster will be programmed to display it and I don't know if your Engine Room Harness will have the pigtail for it. It's a regular balance-resistor setup with one wire going to the cluster, so it should be easy enough to wire up provided the cluster will recognize it.
Interesting I know I don't have the pigtail there so i'll probably just not bother doing anything for that. They quoted me at $150 to reprogram the keys but will they have a problem if my keys were already programmed to the old BCM? I think my cheapest option would be to have them program my keys with the new BCM so they don't overcharge me for the BCM upgrade

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Are there any 12V ignition power sources in the trunk of a 3rd Gen Altima? I couldn’t really find anything online and don’t think i should make a new post about it

· Registered
1,463 Posts
Yah, key repro needs to happen anytime you change the IMMU, BCM or ECM. Those three all need to agree on the key code before the car will start. When you swap any one of them, they don't agree anymore and a repro is needed.

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Nope. The ECM won't let it. It will crank but no spark, and you'll get a P1615 lockout code.
This sucks, I’m gonna have to tow it to Nissan this week but need to get the ignition immobilizer installed before then. Any idea if the auto headlights will come on with just ignition switched on and car not running? I’d like to see if this other BCM is working properly before i pay for them to reprogram the BCM and immobilizer.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts