Nissan Altima Forum banner

2.5S to 2.5SL interior wiring harness swap

Tags
swap
6K views 158 replies 5 participants last post by  markismail 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if I would be able to swap the wiring harness for my 2.5S with a harness from a 2.5SL or even a 3.5SL to incorporate the use of the heated seats, and steering wheel controls, and any other features?

I'm not sure exactly which wiring harness I would have to purchase but I already have my hands on the harness for the heated seats and have my eyes on the steering wheel with volume controls. I'm just not sure what harnesses i would need or if I need to swap out the fuse box for the heated / power seats also.

#50 ·
Ah yea i thought that, I do have the old BCM for that harness so if I could figure out a cheap way to reprogram my existing key to work with that BCM maybe that will be the best work around. Do you think i would need to do this to make the auto windows function correctly as well?

#51 ·
Only for the auto roll-up/roll-down feature. Aside from that the BCM doesn't participate in working the windows. The biggest part of getting those right will be identifying the correct master and slave set. The BCM configuration isn't really a big deal. About 10 minutes (including booting up the hideously slow Consult), so if the dealership wants to charge you more than 30 minutes labor it's robbery.

#54 · (Edited)
Does anyone know if I would be able to swap the wiring harness for my 2.5S with a harness from a 2.5SL or even a 3.5SL to incorporate the use of the heated seats, and steering wheel controls, and any other features?
I'm not sure exactly which wiring harness I would have to purchase but I already have my hands on the harness for the heated seats and have my eyes on the steering wheel with volume controls. I'm just not sure what harnesses i would need or if I need to swap out the fuse box for the heated / power seats also.
you'll need a different head unit and possibly a new spiral cable. Be advised that the console and dashpad both need to be removed to replace the Main Harness. It isn't a small job.

#56 ·
Here’s an update… It’s not good :)

Automotive tire Hood Gesture Motor vehicle Bumper

Hand Hood Automotive tire Finger Automotive lighting

So I purchased a left door harness with auto windows and some how everything fits except the actual connector for the door motor. Maybe this is why i wasn’t able to use the left door window at all..did Nissan seriously have different motors for auto and non auto or am i doing something wrong? ALSO just bought an entire front driver door from the junk yard since i couldn’t find the harness just to find out that someone shoved an auto switch into the harness connector that was for a regular switch. Hopefully they will help me out ( probably not ) and i can maybe get the right side motor if i need one.

#58 ·
The "auto" motors have an encoder built in, the plain jane motors don't. That's probably why the connectors are different. The lock switch not working means the Slave still isn't communicating with the BCM or Master. The locks are driven by the BCM but the lock button is monitored by the window switch. So if the switch can't communicate the button status, then the button won't work. The fob communicates directly to the BCM, so there's no middleman.

#59 ·
I've got all harnesses working now and am able to lock the doors so once I get this motor it should be working 100% I wired my power seat straight to the battery with a fuse of course but I then had poor power when starting my car. Could the power seat be draining power when not in use? I looked at the wiring diagram and it seems like the factory wiring goes straight from the battery to the seat so I'm not too sure.

#61 ·
I’m about to have my BCM reprogrammed but was wondering if the temperature on the dash would show up. I don’t know if there’s a thermostat that needs to be installed or if I’d need a new cluster

i have another BCM and the little box that’s behind the cluster from a 2.5SL that maybe i could use

#62 ·
If you swap the BCM you'll need to get the keys reprogrammed. The ambient temp uses a sensor up in the grille, but I don't know if your cluster will be programmed to display it and I don't know if your Engine Room Harness will have the pigtail for it. It's a regular balance-resistor setup with one wire going to the cluster, so it should be easy enough to wire up provided the cluster will recognize it.

#63 ·
Interesting I know I don't have the pigtail there so i'll probably just not bother doing anything for that. They quoted me at $150 to reprogram the keys but will they have a problem if my keys were already programmed to the old BCM? I think my cheapest option would be to have them program my keys with the new BCM so they don't overcharge me for the BCM upgrade

#75 ·
This sucks, I’m gonna have to tow it to Nissan this week but need to get the ignition immobilizer installed before then. Any idea if the auto headlights will come on with just ignition switched on and car not running? I’d like to see if this other BCM is working properly before i pay for them to reprogram the BCM and immobilizer.

#77 ·
Just got the BCM and a new ignition imobilizer reprogrammed at Nissan and now they are saying the fuel pump went bad but it was running fine not even a week ago. Is there any differences that there could be with the fuel pump and this BCM?

#78 ·
No, the BCM has no role in driving the fuel pump. On a gen3, the IPDM contains the pump relay but doesn't control it, the ECM has a dedicated wire which drives the relay externally. That wire goes from the F-Harness (engine) to the E-Harness (engine room), and the pump output wire goes from E into the B-Harness (body). Neither one transits the M-Harness which you swapped, so nothing you did should have affected it.

#81 ·
All the wiring looks perfect besides some dust, i notice when i try to start the car the gas gauge moves up and down rapidly don’t know if this is a weird issue or normal with the P0463 code i was getting. Is there a chance low voltage could be causing this? My battery has been sitting for almost a week without a charge and is reading 11.4V

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.