Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I just got some new kenwood speakers from best buy for my Altima and don't know anything about cars or wiring.

Just wanted to know what I should do. Didn't want to spend all that money for installation.

I was able to take apart the door panel, but when I went to install the speaker I noticed that the factory installed unit had a white wire adapter attached to the back and a beige adapter was connected to the existing wires within the car itself. There were two of these wires. One was green and the other was black with a yellow stripe.

THe kenwood speakers came with blue and red wires, so I am confused as to how I am supposed to connect the kenwood wires to the existing wires/adapter that is in the car.

I don't know if I am describing this correctly, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
what i typacally do is just cut the connector from the factory speaker, and get a wire diagram off the net that will tell you which color is positive and negative. from there just butt splice the wires for the kenwwod speakers to the stock wires, mount the speaker, and your done.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is it a bose system?

if so the speakers may see as many watts as what is currently in there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts