Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 Nissan Altima:
The blower fan stopped blowing. On the digital climate control display, it shows the fan blowing at whatever level I set it at, (1-4 bars of speed,) but the fan isn't blowing. I replaced all the fuses for the blower; and just finished replacing the blower motor itself! Still no fan. I'm out of ideas. Help!

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
I would try to take the blower out and manually connect it to a power source (such as a 12v battery) to see if it works or not.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You'll need to find out if you have power running to the motor. Get yourself a test light. It's possible you have power running to the blower and the blower resistor is defective.

That was it! Blower motor resistor! $50 and two screws (about a 4 minute job- Pep Boys wanted $90 labor- Ha!) Thanks guys!

·
Registered
402 Posts
You'll need to find out if you have power running to the motor. Get yourself a test light. It's possible you have power running to the blower and the blower resistor is defective.

That was it! Blower motor resistor! $50 and two screws (about a 4 minute job- Pep Boys wanted $90 labor- Ha!) Thanks guys!
Good for you, nice to see a DIY fix. Would you mind posting a picture of the location of the blower resistor. I have the same set up as you have. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This site won't let me post images because I'm too new. just copy & past this after the http slash slash to see the image: users.wowway.com/~cness/DSCN2276.jpg
This is under the glove box, on the left near the firewall. The two arrows point to the phillips head screws. Note- this is the resistor for automatic blowers control. Most places will try to sell you the manual resistor. This had to be a Nissan Part order.
Good luck.

Good for you, nice to see a DIY fix. Would you mind posting a picture of the location of the blower resistor. I have the same set up as you have. Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts