Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's the box by the passenger headlight/wiper fluid....no bolts or screws needed to removr... I can take the top of the box cover off with hands only.

I know the first one is the Starter relay, then the low beam relay, then high beam relay, then ecm relay. My dumb butt switced the wrong ones, then mixed them all of them up trying to swap one out with the starter relay. So for now, out of the 4 on top, I really just need the ends, (the1st one and last one.(4th).

I also mixed them up in a bag with other junk yard relays.

I see an acm33201 with a big #4 on it, an acm33201 (no big #), acm33221 with a big #6.

Also,I accidentally forgot to unplug the negative battery terminal before moving stuff. Any steps that I need to take now?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, buy I have that. I need to know the specific #'s off the relays as they are different, and was unable to find online. That's why I was hoping someone could check theirs, but I 100% understand if that may be a bit much too ask.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thank you, buy I have that. I need to know the specific #'s off the relays as they are different, and was unable to find online. That's why I was hoping someone could check theirs, but I 100% understand if that may be a bit much too ask.
Most of those relays are built in and not replaceable which means that you may have to replace the IPDM itsself.

·
Registered
399 Posts
To my knowledge they should all be 284B7-CW29E, the same ones used in the Titan/Path IPDM recall. The manufacturer p/n's on them don't mean anything, Nissan sources relays from several companies.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To my knowledge they should all be 284B7-CW29E, the same ones used in the Titan/Path IPDM recall. The manufacturer p/n's on them don't mean anything, Nissan sources relays from several companies.
I have a brand new one of those...still no go. I'm thinking maybe the 16 yr old starter is shot? Didn't hear any signs or poor struggle to start, is why I ruled that out. But maybe it's dunzo.

·
Registered
399 Posts
On an '05 a no-crank doesn't have a great many possible causes. Here's your WD:

If you have a security issue it generally won't prevent cranking, the car will just crank endlessly with no spark, so that won't be your issue. I'd start by checking for juice on the B/R wire when you turn the key, if not your ignition switch is bad. If there's juice, jump out the secondary contacts on the starter relay and see if it cranks when you turn the key. If so, your IPDM is bad. If not, the problem is in the starter, starter solenoid, or starter cables.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts