Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 05 Altima with 280,000 miles and today I was pulling into my driveway and the steering wheel got stiff, the oil light and the battery light came on. I’m not sure if it died but when I tried starting it up right after and after 5-10 seconds it wouldn’t turn over. about 10 minutes later tried again and it took the same amount time to start, the next time a little less and the third time it didn’t as long to start. Put it on the scanner and no codes and has a new battery 🤷🏻‍♀️

·
Registered
10 Posts
Probably the crankshaft position sensor; they are known to be problematic on these 3G Altimas. A fairly easy fix if you have long arms and they are not overly expensive; about $60.00 for a Hitachi CPS0003 from Amazon. A bit more elsewhere. Plenty of "you tube" videos on the subject. Many folks recommend replacing the camshaft position sensor at the same time but it is at the top of the engine in the cylinder head near the throttle body on the 2.5 engine so much easier to work if the crankshaft sensor doesn't fix the problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts