Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone can tell me what color wire goes to each terminal on MAF connecter. Looked on line and I get three different combinations. Just unwrapped the wires and it has a new connecter on it. I want to check if the way they did it is correct. Can't get it to run right and want to check before buying parts. Connecter is 1-6 and 1 is not used.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wondering if anyone can tell me what color wire goes to each terminal on MAF connecter. Looked on line and I get three different combinations. Just unwrapped the wires and it has a new connecter on it. I want to check if the way they did it is correct. Can't get it to run right and want to check before buying parts. Connecter is 1-6 and 1 is not used.
Found the right diagram. Tested MAF with multi tester. Y/G 5.08 at startup (very cold out) 3.87 at idle after warm up. Red .01 W 1.2 Black .01 red 14.27. Looks like the 5.08 at startup and 3.87 after warm up is way too high. Bad MAF?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found the right diagram. Tested MAF with multi tester. Y/G 5.08 at startup (very cold out) 3.87 at idle after warm up. Red .01 W 1.2 Black .01 red 14.27. Looks like the 5.08 at startup and 3.87 after warm up is way too high. Bad MAF?
Also online they said one of them should be a constant 5V and I don't have that on any of them.

·
Registered
178 Posts
The MAF supply on an '06 is 12V, not 5V. Your wire ID's are:

2 - R/G - 12V Supply
3 - B - Ground (MAF)
4 - W - MAF Signal
5 - Y/G - Intake Air Temp Signal
6 - R - Ground (IAT)

Normal MAF signal at idle is 1.0~1.5V, yours is about nominal at 1.2V. I don't recall what the IAT should read, but the fact that Y/G moves when warm implies that it's working.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The MAF supply on an '06 is 12V, not 5V. Your wire ID's are:

2 - R/G - 12V Supply
3 - B - Ground (MAF)
4 - W - MAF Signal
5 - Y/G - Intake Air Temp Signal
6 - R - Ground (IAT)

Normal MAF signal at idle is 1.0~1.5V, yours is about nominal at 1.2V. I don't recall what the IAT should read, but the fact that Y/G moves when warm implies that it's working.
I thought the maff signal was the yellow from videos I watched. Now that I know the white is maf signal I'll check to see if readings change with rpm's up. Do the readings for the red, white and black seem ok to you? Thank you

·
Registered
178 Posts
You're most welcome. Yes, the MAF signal is generally in the 1.0~1.5V range at idle and yours is within the range. So if you have a MAF issue it will be a performance or calibration issue, not a flatlined sensor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts