Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Also, if you've lost your manual and you drive a Nissan in general (not just Altima) you can call the below 1-800 numbers. I'm not sure if you can actually order a new one by calling the number or if they will just answer a general question for you that might otherwise be in your missing manual.

"The Nissan owner's manual has valuable model-specific details on the day-to-day use and care of your car, as well as recommended maintenance intervals. If you've lost or misplaced your manual and your vehicle is a 2007, 2006, 2005 or 2004 model, please contact Nissan Consumer Affairs at (800) NISSAN-1 between the hours 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Eastern/Central/Pacific Time, Monday through Friday. If your vehicle is a 2003 or older model, please call Dyment Distribution at (800) 247-5321, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m., Eastern Standard Time." --Nissanusa.com

·
Registered
21 Posts
Some one just stole our Owner Manual on saturday when we got my wife Altima detailed... Thank you so much for this thread.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Also, if you've lost your manual and you drive a Nissan in general (not just Altima) you can call the below 1-800 numbers. I'm not sure if you can actually order a new one by calling the number or if they will just answer a general question for you that might otherwise be in your missing manual.

"The Nissan owner's manual has valuable model-specific details on the day-to-day use and care of your car, as well as recommended maintenance intervals. If you've lost or misplaced your manual and your vehicle is a 2007, 2006, 2005 or 2004 model, please contact Nissan Consumer Affairs at (800) NISSAN-1 between the hours 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Eastern/Central/Pacific Time, Monday through Friday. If your vehicle is a 2003 or older model, please call Dyment Distribution at (800) 247-5321, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m., Eastern Standard Time." --Nissanusa.com
Thanks for getting back. This is useful information, however I do my own repair work and I am looking for a shop manual that describes disassembly and reassembly with specifications.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Thanks for getting back. This is useful information, however I do my own repair work and I am looking for a shop manual that describes disassembly and reassembly with specifications.
I have a Haynes manual that I bought on craigslist for $3.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Owners Manuals

Yeah after purchasing a pre-owned 2008 Altima SE Coupe I somehow found it in my heart to let my wife drive it off the lot and home. Still can't quite believe it myself, maybe early Alzheimers I dunno.

So after 5 or 10 miles down I-95 at 60 mph or so she calls me a bit concerned because the RPM's are running almost in the RED etc etc.

Being an Automatic transmission (CVT) I assumed (correctly and with no small amount of irritation) that she had slipped the shift over into low gear. I let her in on it while wondering how much damage she could have caused.

While none is immediately evident, having made her READ THE OWNERS MANUAL FIRST would have made the logic of simply sliding a shift directly rearward to " D " fairly plain.

Unfortunately the car had no manuals and your friendly local Nissan dealer aren't exactly forthcoming with any assistance for vehicles more than a few years old so THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH.

In all honesty this car is "loaded" and figuring out all the bells and whistles could have been a challenge at best.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts