Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to know if anybody has had issues with their aux input. I got my car at the end of june and from the get-go, the aux input hasn't worked all that well. I'll have the aux cable plugged in and the display will state "No Aux Input" when I select the aux button. If I jiggle the plug a bit, I can get it to work except the sound quality is exceptionally poor with no bass at all. 3 visits later to the service dept, Nissan finally replaced the entire unit. What happens? Same problem. Oh yeah, I used a couple of different aux cables. Even bought a brand new one. They all work well elsewhere. Just not in my car. I have to take it back to service again this week. I wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem. Afterall, Nissan never contacted me about the recall on the air filters. I heard it from friends.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have an issue similiar to what you've explained.

My aux input works fine, but when I slightly tap or move the 1/8" cable that plugs into it from my iPod, it sounds scratchy and sometimes cuts audio until I jiggle it back in correctly.

I should talk to my dealership about getting it fixed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
yeah my AUX sucks-but my stereo sounds great and I dont seem be having any of the radio reception issues that I have heard a lot of complaints about...I think its just the input jack though it looks prety cheap....I might try to swap it out for a 24 K monster connection

·
Registered
48 Posts
yeah my AUX sucks-but my stereo sounds great and I dont seem be having any of the radio reception issues that I have heard a lot of complaints about...I think its just the input jack though it looks prety cheap....I might try to swap it out for a 24 K monster connection
Yeah, it's definately the input jack. Try to swap it for Monster and let me know how it goes!

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have the same issues. if someone just moves it the audio goes bad. and it def does look cheap. i also never got a letter for the air filter recall i heard it through a friend too.

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
i have the same issues. if someone just moves it the audio goes bad. and it def does look cheap. i also never got a letter for the air filter recall i heard it through a friend too.
Yeah, I had the air intake piece replaced.. I believe it's a bracket for the snorkel behind the grill?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Wanted to know if anybody has had issues with their aux input. I got my car at the end of june and from the get-go, the aux input hasn't worked all that well. I'll have the aux cable plugged in and the display will state "No Aux Input" when I select the aux button. If I jiggle the plug a bit, I can get it to work except the sound quality is exceptionally poor with no bass at all. 3 visits later to the service dept, Nissan finally replaced the entire unit. What happens? Same problem. Oh yeah, I used a couple of different aux cables. Even bought a brand new one. They all work well elsewhere. Just not in my car. I have to take it back to service again this week. I wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem. Afterall, Nissan never contacted me about the recall on the air filters. I heard it from friends.
It is a common problem with AUX inputs. You have to remove the Aux cable and firmly put it back in. Then, don't mess with it.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Yeah, I had the air intake piece replaced.. I believe it's a bracket for the snorkel behind the grill?
Nissan Motor Co. is recalling 140,582 of its 2007 Altima cars, the automaker's best-selling U.S. vehicle, because the air filter can catch fire if a hot object is drawn into it.

It seems like the filter in general.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts