Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter's 2007 Altima displayed a warning light "maintenance: engine oil". Is that for low oil pressure or a reminder to get an oil change? Many thanks!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
It's a reminder. The low pressure indicator is a red lamp (oilcan icon) in the cluster. The message on the LCD info display is strictly for maintenance. Here's how you reset it. The car in the vid is a '10, but it's the same procedure for '07~'12::

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much! I've been reading that it could mean low oil pressure and to stop driving immediately. She was pretty worried and she's not near me at the moment. I really appreciate you answering this question so quickly. Larry

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
You're most welcome. Some models do have warnings that show up in the info display, but it would say something like "Low Oil Pressure, Stop Engine". Messages that say "Maintenance" mean just that, you've reached maintenance mileage. Happy motoring!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're most welcome. Some models do have warnings that show up in the info display, but it would say something like "Low Oil Pressure, Stop Engine". Messages that say "Maintenance" mean just that, you've reached maintenance mileage. Happy motoring!
Thanks again but I'm confused because the message has the word maintenance in it but also the red oil can. Here's a photo. What do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Oil can yes, but not red. This is the low pressure light (not an Altima, but the lamp is the same, as is the overheat warning underneath it). It will be a lighted icon on the main dial face like these, not in the info display. If you flip the ignition on without starting the engine, the warning icons will all light up and you'll be able to see where they are.
Automotive lighting Odometer Trip computer Speedometer Vehicle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts