Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm buying my girlfriend a remote start for her 2008 Altima coupe. We went today to get it installed and we chose the option that uses the original key fob. Pretty much to start the car you hit "lock 3x" then hit unlock on the key fob to enter the car.

So far here are the issues I'm having...

1. The button on the door (keyless entry) disengages the remote start. When I asked about this, the installer said it "has to" be used with the key fob in order to work. I'm not happy about this at all.

2. I'm not sure if this is user error or not. I'm going to do some more test runs with it, but hitting unlock on the key fob shut off the car as well. NOT ALWAYS but enough to have me realize it might of been installed wrong.

I was told they use only viper products on their cars and they will be calling the company tomorrow to confirm about the door problem. Has anyone ran into this issue? Is there a way to get the door to work natively with a remote start module? Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So here's the update…

Nissan has confirmed that the early 2007-2008 Altima coupes have an issue where you open the door and it disengages the remote start.

The place I got the remote start installed has agreed to uninstall it and refund the money (including the labor), but due to there overbooked schedule the earliest I'm going to have it uninstalled is the second week in January.

Just a heads up to all who are looking to get this done in the future… As of now there is no work around.

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
one of the guys on the NC forums tried doing that with his 07 3.5 sedan and it was literally a wiring nightmare when he tried to uninstall it. It worked fine for a couple years, but then he experienced similar issues like you. I think he said also that it only worked well if you were within 20 feet or so from the car which worked well if you were at home

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
4 Posts
The 3x lock feature is great for not having an additional remote. The downside is the range. It's as good as how far you lock and unlock your car.

They should have tried to sell you viper smart start. Remote start the vehicle from your phone. You would have to pay a sub. every year but it's still works fine. Nissan's and aftermarket remote start systems have had issues for quite some time. It's just the way they're wired.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can anyone impart their personal knowledge regarding remote start key fob with 2006 nissan Altima 2.5 S... trying to replace lost fob that apparently came with kit after original purchase of car in 2006. Will a whole complete new kit have to be purchased or just the fob.

·
Registered
399 Posts
If it's aftermarket then it's likely the original dealer farmed it out to an accessory shop. Unless they still have records and you can find out the brand and model from the shop that installed it, your best bet is to see if there are markings on the control unit that you can google.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts