Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2008 Altima just recently started shuddering and vibrating throughout the vehicle when accelerating. On the open highway, when turning the steering wheel to the left it feels like the front wheels are going to come off it vibrates so hard. In the beginning when I let off of the gas pedal, the vibration would ease off, but now its constant. Sometimes its fine (especially when I take it to the dealer to have it checked out), other times it sounds like its falling apart. I've noticed when I turn to the left, it feels like the right side tire is flopping. (Don't know any other way to describe it). Took it to a tire shop, had the tires balanced and rotated, problem still remained. Anyone else with this problem and maybe a solution? HELP PLEASE!!

·
Premium Member
11,752 Posts
The shudder is a well documented symptom of troubles with the CVT. I would take it to either the dealer or a good transmission shop when it's acting up for a proper diagnosis though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shudders

Took it to the dealer, they couldn't replicate the problem. Going to get a second opinion from another dealer. Thanks for the response.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts