Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dramatic, fourth-generation Nissan Altima, introduced for the 2007 model year, could not have had a better rookie season – setting sales records and winning the AutoPacific 2007 Vehicle Satisfaction Award for Premium Mid-Size Cars and the J.D. Power and Associates 2007 Automotive Performance, Execution and Layout (APEAL) StudySM as the highest ranked mid-size car.
For its sophomore year, the 2008 Altima adds a number of enhancements, including standard Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD) splash guards, Diversity Antenna and available factory-activated XM ® Satellite Radio (required monthly subscription sold separately).
The fourth-generation Altima utilizes the Nissan “D” platform with improved body rigidity and a redesigned, sporty suspension. This new platform was developed as the foundation that makes Altima one of the best performing large front-wheel drive sedans available globally. The new Altima is available with Nissan’s advanced Xtronic CVT™ (Continuously Variable Transmission) or 6-speed manual transmissions and a choice of the award-winning VQ-series 3.5-liter V6 or powerful 2.5-liter 4-cylinder engines
“This new generation Altima, with its all-new platform, redesigned suspension, available Xtronic CVT™ and long list of available convenience features has been a hit right out of the box,” said Bill Bosley, vice president and general manager, Nissan Division.
“It’s especially gratifying that it owners have responded so strongly, helping Altima earn the prestigious VSA and APEAL awards in its first year of production.”
In announcing the 2007 Vehicle Satisfactions Awards, AutoPacific noted “Owners of the all-new Nissan Altima rated their vehicle significantly higher than the segment average for both performance and economy (most unusual). Passenger and luggage room and innovative technology, instrument layout and audio controls were also well received. Based on owner satisfaction ratings, Altima is an easy car to live with.”

·
Registered
392 Posts
Passenger and luggage room and innovative technology, instrument layout and audio controls were also well received. Based on owner satisfaction ratings, Altima is an easy car to live with.
Well said!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
i agree.... people say that the 2.5s is a quick car, u should see what my 3.5SE does 6speed tip tronic does 0 - 60 in 5.9 all i have is test pipes and in drive the car does 0-60 in 6.1 the car moves.. at high speeds or low speeds..

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My car is pretty snappy. but my Accord had more reponse. I am feeling buyers remorse right now. :sick:
Forgive me. :D

But the "fake" shift mode can be somewhat fun.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't think so. I beat the v6 accord its realli slow to be a v6 I have a sedan v6 altima and I beat the sedan and coupe v6 accord
Never messed with V6. Not worth getting imo. Cost more and is more on gas. Pointless besides the refinment and highway power. I am talking about my Accord I4 166hp vs. Altima I4 175hp. I guess it was VTEC. :mellow:

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i wonder what the next gen altima is going to have as far as powertrain.
Hopefully an option for an automatic. NON-CVT. Me and CVT don't get along too well. It has an attitude. ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
anyone know if a se-r version will be coming back again? maybe even an se-r coupe model?

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
Would be cool if they came back out with the SE-R. For some reason though, I don't see them doing it because of the Maxima is now considered as a '4-door sports car' and they have a Z + GTR for 2-door.

·
Registered
22 Posts
All it takes is a retune of the engine, some new rims, a different badge and... a flash paint job. A bit of marketing, an then they have another model to sell, all it would be is a retuned coupe with a sport package on it. Nothing too flash, an they'd up the price probably by 15-25% Think Nissan are aiming to be the most sporty Japanese car manufacturers. The GTR, 370z, 370 Nismo, Altima Coupe. All nice editions and the new Maxima is said to be the new "Sports Sedan" but they've not produced an SE-R version before, maybe a Maxima GT or something. An Altima SE-R coupe/sedan, a 370z TT ( yes a twin turbo 370 would be... hot )
Ah if only i worked for Nissan :p These cars would be available and also a mid sized saloon that can compete with the Evo's an Sti's... have to sound good tho, A Nissan Nemesis or something like that!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Couldnt agree more!

i agree.... people say that the 2.5s is a quick car, u should see what my 3.5SE does 6speed tip tronic does 0 - 60 in 5.9 all i have is test pipes and in drive the car does 0-60 in 6.1 the car moves.. at high speeds or low speeds..
I test drove the 2.5 before the 3.5 and it was quick but once i drove the 3.5 i fell in love! The car has speed no matter where you start. The car flies!!!:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts