Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010 2.5 S Sedan
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just bought my 2010 2.5 s sedan with 57k miles. after driving for a day or two I noticed a light shaking when I accelerate between about 10-40mph. its not violent at all but I definitely feel something. however it stops when i get above about 40mph. shakes at idle occasionally but not consistently, and even just lightly accelerating. and when its doing this I noticed my mpg gauge goes up and down too then stabilizes when the shaking stops. buying it with such low miles I figured I wouldn't hit anything too expensive and the owner before me was a sweet older lady that didn't drive a lot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought my 2010 2.5 s sedan with 57k miles. after driving for a day or two I noticed a light shaking when I accelerate between about 10-40mph. its not violent at all but I definitely feel something. however it stops when i get above about 40mph. shakes at idle occasionally but not consistently, and even just lightly accelerating. and when its doing this I noticed my mpg gauge goes up and down too then stabilizes when the shaking stops. buying it with such low miles I figured I wouldn't hit anything too expensive and the owner before me was a sweet older lady that didn't drive a lot.
Change the cvt fluid..NS 2 or NS3..get 5 quarts of fluid from the dealer...cost 100.00...all the dealership does is drain and fill...250 bucks...save 150.00...have front end jacked up...put in place stands...loosen and remove the 14mm...bolt...drain in pan...deer told me 5 qts...so that's what I bought...once fluid is drained...replace plug...pull the trans cap...it has no dip stick...put funnel in tube...start throwing in the quarts...take oil dip stick from oil pan...wipe super clean...check trans level...wipe put back in oil tube...drive car to auto zone...get a 22 Oz bottle of Rislone CVT repair..it makes the OE fluid better...50k is the fluid changing interval...I had same issue...while ubering in the super hot summer...added the Rislone cvt repair...no more shuttering..after driving the car for 5 months ...change the fluid again adding the Rislone...this will give you a complete fluid change out with out breaking the bank...do not do the trans flush...read forums where debris gets trapped in trans valve body...rec...purchasing an extended warranty...to be on the safe side...I got 302k on my 2015 Altima..lastly...utube shows how to add a transmission cooler...heat is any transmissions enemy...great investment...the cvt has a small heater being fed by radiator fluid...plug of by pass the heater...dis conn the fluid lines connect the cooler lines...the air cooled fin cooler mounts infront of the ac condenser...all of this is a secondary suggestion.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Change the cvt fluid..NS 2 or NS3..get 5 quarts of fluid from the dealer...cost 100.00...all the dealership does is drain and fill...250 bucks...save 150.00...have front end jacked up...put in place stands...loosen and remove the 14mm...bolt...drain in pan...deer told me 5 qts...so that's what I bought...once fluid is drained...replace plug...pull the trans cap...it has no dip stick.
Something doesn't sound right. Your 2010 2.5 S car with the CVT as shipped from the factory uses NS-2 fluid. All 2002 - 2012 CVTs had a dip stick. If the original CVT was replaced with a 2013 or newer CVT then it would not have a dip stick. Maybe the sweet older lady had the CVT replaced or else the dealership lost the dip stick. Hopefully you used the proper fluid. 2002 - 2012 use NS-2; 2013 - present use NS-3.

Using the engine oil dip stick is NOT going to give you the proper CVT fluid level. For a simple drain/fill on a 2013 - present, it takes about 4.25 quarts of the NS-3 fluid; pour in 4 qts. Now make sure to Fully warm up the CVT by driving the car around slowly for about 30 minutes. Now let it idle. Make sure the car is level! Remove the overflow plug from the overflow port that's under the CVT converter case; it's at an angled position. If fluid comes out, let it continue to come out until it stops; now the CVT is full. If no fluid comes out, then slowly pour a little of the fluid in until fluid starts coming out of the overflow port. let it continue to come out until it stops; now the CVT is full. Now drive it some more for about 15 minutes or more, then recheck the fluid level while it's idling.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts