Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I'm replacing the a/c clutch on my 2010 Altima and have been told that the bolt that holds it to the compressor will not be any good once it is removed. I have a nissan part number (21694ja00a) but does anyoneI know the bolt size and if it could be obtained at a hardware store? Help! :confused:

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Its a hex head bolt. Its either 5mm or 8mm. Good luck getting it out tho. I've never been able to. That's not to say it cant be done, but its very shallow and always rounds. Ive gone as far as taking a hammer and chisel to it and still was unable to remove the bolt. Compressor will probably have to be replaced.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Its a hex head bolt. Its either 5mm or 8mm. Good luck getting it out tho. I've never been able to. That's not to say it cant be done, but its very shallow and always rounds. Ive gone as far as taking a hammer and chisel to it and still was unable to remove the bolt. Compressor will probably have to be replaced.
All you have to do to get bolt out of a.c. compressor drill your bike into bolt and get an easy out and bolt comes right out,and the c clip you will have to drill a hole into it and it will break and comes right out,that's on the magnet putting a new one on ,just add a little vasiline to area of c clip and it will go right on,goog luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts