Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone. Hopefully someone ran into this problem.
My car randomly stalls for like a half second but doesn't shut off completely. It mostly happens when car is warm and doesn't seem to matter if it's idling or driving. It's mostly noticeable at idle sitting at the light or in park. I also tried in park keeping the rpms higher and rpms don't seem to have any effect.
I already cleaned the throttle body, replaced all coils, both crank and camshaft sensors, ran a tank of gas with BG 44K cleaner . Spark plugs were changed about 15-20k miles ago. I'm running out of ideas what to try next, maybe new spark plugs.
Car has 170k miles.

·
Premium Member
11,752 Posts
My car randomly stalls for like a half second but doesn't shut off completely. It mostly happens when car is warm and doesn't seem to matter if it's idling or driving. It's mostly noticeable at idle sitting at the light or in park. I also tried in park keeping the rpms higher and rpms don't seem to have any effect.
I already cleaned the throttle body, replaced all coils, both crank and camshaft sensors, ran a tank of gas with BG 44K cleaner . Spark plugs were changed about 15-20k miles ago. I'm running out of ideas what to try next, maybe new spark plugs.
Car has 170k miles.
No check engine light? Could be a plugged or defective injector. Might be time for a proper fuel injection service.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Car has 170k miles.
No check engine light? Could be a plugged or defective injector. Might be time for a proper fuel injection service.
No check engine lights forgot to mention that. But, I found the problem bad spark plugs. I got the Nissan genuine spark plugs on eBay and now I’m thinking they could’ve been fake since only lasted 15-20k miles. They had like 3mm gap, the rod was completely gone. Put old spark plugs which were still good and car runs like new.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts