Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey so I've had my 2013 Altima 2.5 SL for less than a week and my boyfriend scratched my front passenger side hubcap by pulling to close to a curb. It's a decent scratch and he offered to buy a replacement, but I'm wondering if it can be repaired. Or if anyone knows a website that sells them for cheap.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Hey so I've had my 2013 Altima 2.5 SL for less than a week and my boyfriend scratched my front passenger side hubcap by pulling to close to a curb. It's a decent scratch and he offered to buy a replacement, but I'm wondering if it can be repaired. Or if anyone knows a website that sells them for cheap.
best bet is to just go to the dealer. Or, this place has them new for $45 each

http://www.hubcaps-wheelcovers.com/nissan_altima_hubcaps.htm

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
17" Aluminum-alloy wheels - not hubcaps

So I guess I don't know the difference between hubcaps and aluminum-alloy wheels. I looked on that website that wickster suggested but it didn't have the part # I'm needing which is #40300-3TA2B. I'd only think about replacing or fixing if it was around $50.00.

·
Registered
974 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow that shows they are $210 each. That's way more than even the Nissan dealership near me charges. Thanks for the website but I think I'll continue to look for an option that is closer to $50.00.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Wow that shows they are $210 each. That's way more than even the Nissan dealership near me charges. Thanks for the website but I think I'll continue to look for an option that is closer to $50.00.
see if you can find a wheel repair shop in your area. You can call around to places that sell wheels and or a paint and body shop. They could probably point you in the right direction to a place that specializes in wheel repair

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Per the dealership near me it would be $330.00 and when I looked at it earlier I thought it was saying this was the price for four of them. But now I'm realizing that its just for one. I would be able to pay no shipping if I picked it up at my dealership so that's something.
Yikes it looks like my only option would be to see if it can be repaired if I want to stay around $50.00. I've got a call into the salesmen I bought my car from to see if he knows someone who does these repairs.
What a bummer. It just stinks that this would happen only 4 days into owning my car :(

·
Registered
974 Posts
Per the dealership near me it would be $330.00 and when I looked at it earlier I thought it was saying this was the price for four of them. But now I'm realizing that its just for one. I would be able to pay no shipping if I picked it up at my dealership so that's something.
Yikes it looks like my only option would be to see if it can be repaired if I want to stay around $50.00. I've got a call into the salesmen I bought my car from to see if he knows someone who does these repairs.
What a bummer. It just stinks that this would happen only 4 days into owning my car :(
yea it sucks. I have a feeling a repair place is going to be well over $100. They have to dismount the tire, repair the wheel, remount and balance. Either way, its not going to be a cheap fix to the problem

·
Registered
974 Posts
Just kidding I'm sure I'll get over it. It's not that bad.
well look at it this way...you pretty much own your BF now..Just guilt the hell out of him. Next time he acts up, just throw the wheel damage out there...lol ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well look at it this way...you pretty much own your BF now..Just guilt the hell out of him. Next time he acts up, just throw the wheel damage out there...lol ;)
Nah. I side swiped his car (it was an old POS that had damage already) coming out of my garage once and he didn't give me a hard time about it. So I guess we are even.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Nah. I side swiped his car (it was an old POS that had damage already) coming out of my garage once and he didn't give me a hard time about it. So I guess we are even.

lol..now that is funny

·
Registered
951 Posts
I worked at a dealership for many years and they have people that come in to fix wheels on used cars all the time. Talk to your salesman and general manager...they can easily absorb the cost. I did the chargebacks on used cars so I know it will cost anywhere from $90-$150 dealer cost. Just ask em to help ya out. BTW I kinda did the same thing to my wife's Rogue when it was four days old....I ran over my power washer and crushed it and poked a hole in her bumper, she laughed at me and said "well you ruined my car and destroyed your power washer in one shot so I guess we're even" :D $hit happens!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
*Update: I just spoke with my brother and he has a friend who owns a wheel repair company. He said if I meet him tomorrow he'll do the repair for $55.00! That's the best deal I've been quoted so far so I'm gonna take it. It'll be nice to enjoy my new car in perfect condition.

·
Registered
974 Posts
*Update: I just spoke with my brother and he has a friend who owns a wheel repair company. He said if I meet him tomorrow he'll do the repair for $55.00! That's the best deal I've been quoted so far so I'm gonna take it. It'll be nice to enjoy my new car in perfect condition.
really cool

Reactions: karismithx

·
Registered
7,879 Posts
Wow can't beat that deal

1 - 20 of 21 Posts