Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully, someone has had this problem before. I can't Search on my phone because it pulls up everything on the site that mentions hood. The car was running low on AC juice so I was going to put some in. I pulled on the inside latch and the hood didn't pop up. I tried it a few more times and the hood popped. I ran out of refrigerant and, without thinking in this heat, shut the hood.

I got more AC juice and I pull on the inside latch and nothing. I looked behind the latch and the cable is still connected. Pulled on the cable itself and nothing. Does anyone ha e a quick fix for this issue???

·
Registered
2 Posts
You will need 2 people for that. Have one person pry the hood open with a plastic removal tool (or screw driver carefully) while you pull back on the hood release lever at the same time. After it opens adjust the cable to make it a little tighter.

·
Registered
Altima2020
3 Posts
Hopefully, someone has had this problem before. I can't Search on my phone because it pulls up everything on the site that mentions hood. The car was running low on AC juice so I was going to put some in. I pulled on the inside latch and the hood didn't pop up. I tried it a few more times and the hood popped. I ran out of refrigerant and, without thinking in this heat, shut the hood.

I got more AC juice and I pull on the inside latch and nothing. I looked behind the latch and the cable is still connected. Pulled on the cable itself and nothing. Does anyone ha e a quick fix for this issue???

·
Registered
Altima2020
3 Posts
There is an open recall on the Altima hood latch for some time. Google "Altima recall" and you get the following:
"
Search Results
Featured snippet from the web

"Nissan is recalling more than 1.8 million Altima sedans to fix a faulty hood latch that has already been the reason for other recalls. If the latch fails, the vehicle's hood may open while driving, creating a distraction or even blocking the driver's view, which could cause a crash.Jun 4, 2020"

I believe it's still an open recall as we have a 2013 and have yet to get the recall.

I

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got my letter a few weeks ago about the recall. Unforunately, they still have not yet came up with a solution. They will send out another letter with a course of action.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is an open recall on the Altima hood latch for some time. Google "Altima recall" and you get the following:
"
Search Results
Featured snippet from the web

"Nissan is recalling more than 1.8 million Altima sedans to fix a faulty hood latch that has already been the reason for other recalls. If the latch fails, the vehicle's hood may open while driving, creating a distraction or even blocking the driver's view, which could cause a crash.Jun 4, 2020"

I believe it's still an open recall as we have a 2013 and have yet to get the recall.

I
The recall was performed in 2018. Apparently, they didn’t do it correctly. Besides, I have to opposite problem. At this point, I would love to have the hood fly open.

My buddy and I tried to get the hood open for hours last week. We could not. Now I’m sitting at the dealer hoping they can open it. I hate being at the dealer because they over charge for everything. They quoted me $150 an hour and it will probably take 2 hours. 🙁🤬🤬🤬

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I'll give an update. I took it to a Nissan Dealership. Sat there about 2 hours. Mechanic said the cable fell off the latch. He said he had to reach up from underneath, fabricate a special tool to pop the hood. Reconnected the cable, made sure it wouldn't fall off again. All said and done, it was $144 plus tax.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts