Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have this same issue on my 2014 SL. I went today to the dealership and this is the 2nd time in 2 months that the airbag light came on. They said it was a false positive, again, as they can't find an active issue with the code it threw so they cleared it, again. They did suggest that I have the driver seat airbag replaced at about $1,500. I have to say I'm a bit upset about this recommendation as its safety part that only gets used when you are in an accident and I have not been in one so the part has never been used. How the part go bad if it was never used? $1,500 is highway robbery. If the light comes on again I believe there is a way to clear it myself without having to go to the dealership. I hope by doing this though that it puts the system back in working mode. In the mean time I will also call Nissan Customer Service to see if there is any recourse without having to pay all that money for a part that has never been used.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Whoever said that is wrong. The buckle switches don't cause codes, simply because the Bag Brain has no way to double-check them. The worst they'll do is make the seatbelt lamp stay on.
Below is the article about the seat belt latch as a possible cause of the airbag light.

Thanks for insight. Will the airbag still work if the airbag light is on but the code is old and non-active? I understand that something happened to trigger the code that made the light go on and stay on but if for the 2 times the light came in 2 months and both times the tech said they were old codes, does that mean its a false positive and maybe a water bottle rolled under the seat and hit a plug or a wire the wrong way that threw the code for a second and then went back to normal? $1,500 for a fix on a non-moving part is a bit much especially if its like you said, 'fatigued wire'. To me that just sounds like poor craftsmanship on the airbag system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts