Nissan Altima Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know when the 2014 Altima is going to be available? I test drove the 2013 and loved it BUT I am reading about a lot of 1st year issues. I am hoping they will be worked out for 2014.

Also, will the hybrid with the supercharger be available when it launches in the near future or will that come out as a 2015 model?

Based on your experiences with the 2013 in your opinion will the 2014 Altima be a car worth buying? It is a good price for all you get but if I am going to have issues it's not a good value. I need reliability. Acura is coming out with a TLX (TL + TSX) early next year- I might wait and get that if you don't think the build quality is there yet on the Altima. I see a pattern where car manufacturers are turning out tons of product quickly but doing so with cheaper parts and labor to maximize their profits- good for them, not for us.

THANKS!

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
I would wait & buy a 2014 , as you wrote , 1st year models aren t the best thing to buy . Might have a look at Nissan s website for future 14 releases .

A 2014 would have some issues addressed .

·
Registered
66 Posts
How exactly do you know that manufacturers are using cheaper parts and that their fabrication process is not just becoming more efficient? I mean it is almost 2014 after all.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
They are all like that no matter what company you think of , any new models go on the market must faster now than say 10-15 years back , so it s go go go , & it seems that they do quality control in a faster way . They also have some better , I mean faster way of making parts whatever that is .

When one company change their processes or parts , it s for greater profit margins , it s not for the consumer whatever they say .

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Look at the results ! Whatever the Fields you think of .

Always thinner wires , cars have lower weights , no more frames , less steel on the cars , more expensive , so gotta see this buddy .

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
hey , stop that trolls mate will you ,

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
If you re blind it s not my fault , case close .

·
Registered
66 Posts
if anything it's probably cause a lot of manufacturers are sourcing their sh!t from canada nowadays

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Saw it coming , you re such an Einstein , wonder where you took that one , so brilliant , you must be some kind of rocket scientific right ! lol It shows allot .

I would think more about China , Mexico & loads of other countries we don t think of .

·
Registered
66 Posts
bro, i think you need a new keyboard, your apostrophe key doesn't seem to be working

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Who cares . lol

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Grammar nazi now , you got it all ! lol

·
Registered
132 Posts
Grammar nazi now , you got it all ! lol
Getting back to the original subject, why would you believe that the evil manufacturers are making the cars out of inferior materials to glean extra profits? These manufacturers live and die on their reputations and engineer the snot out of these vehicles. This car is not a huge diversion from previous models and, therefore, is not going to have the kinds of design problems that occurred in the pre-computer simulation days. This is little more than a sheet metal change that used to happen every year in Detroit. Beyond that, it's the big governments that force lighter materials to meet fuel economy standards. These cars cost more to build because they are being built out of less and less practical materials to meet those standards. If government bureaucrats in the U.S. and Canada got out of the way, we wouldn't be paying the kind of prices we are for these vehicles.

I also haven't heard what these horrible issues that plague the 2013 Altima are. I'm pretty satisfied with my car. Could you enlighten us?:confused:

Reactions: 013AltimaSV

·
Registered
974 Posts
wow, i just read this thread and thought I was over at the "other" site.

I personally have found to steer clear of "1st year" cars whether its a completely new model or a total redesign of a current model (this does not include face lifts or sheet metal changes).

"First year" buyers are essentially the guinea pig's for getting the final tweaks right. Again, this has just been MY experience and why I stayed clear of the 2013 Altima and opted for a new 2012..ok well that and I personally am not a fan of the 2013 looks

It was also my experience having worked so closely with Chrysler Assembly plants at my previous job (ops manager for what was once Chryslers largest truck load carrier), that manufacturers DO often change parts vendors due to poor quality or quality control issues with parts. So there is some validity in what he said about that.

·
Registered
951 Posts
wow, i just read this thread and thought I was over at the "other" site.

I personally have found to steer clear of "1st year" cars whether its a completely new model or a total redesign of a current model (this does not include face lifts or sheet metal changes).

"First year" buyers are essentially the guinea pig's for getting the final tweaks right. Again, this has just been MY experience and why I stayed clear of the 2013 Altima and opted for a new 2012..ok well that and I personally am not a fan of the 2013 looks

It was also my experience having worked so closely with Chrysler Assembly plants at my previous job (ops manager for what was once Chryslers largest truck load carrier), that manufacturers DO often change parts vendors due to poor quality or quality control issues with parts. So there is some validity in what he said about that.
I can agree with the many vendor changes, regardless of how well they engineer these cars the first round of vendors are almost always the cheapest. It takes a few years to weed out the crappy ones. Coming from experience at a Dodge dealership....why did the Dodge Caravan have 13 different steering racks depending on vin#? The list goes on and on. I dont really think Nissan would turn out total turds but there may be a few hiccups in the first year or two. Just my two cents.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.