Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a guy went and attempted to install an MPC remote start on the step daughters Nissan, following the horrible instructions to cut into the ground and the white 12v power on the white BCM connector (15-Pin) to splice the wiring to the EVO-ALL, I was fortunate enough to create a spark when doing the strip-poke-and tape method of making the connections. (I know, Battery should of been disconnected, but they don't recommend doing that per terrible instructions) After the power wire sparked, its now only reading .5v ish and doesn't supply power to the EVO-All and after re-assembling vehicle, power locks, windows, and remote fob will not lock/unlock doors. Also, the car will not shift out of park without me using the emergency shift release.

So did I ruin the BCM? I checked what fuses I could and found no blown fuses, but shouldn't the power wire still have power if no fuses were blown? I am not good at reading wiring schematics, is it possible a relay blew? Any Ideas on what I should check next?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
715 Posts
It won't be a fuse. On a wire that size, it will be a fusible link, located either inside the IPDM box or on the battery card. Fusible links aren't set up to be checked with a test lamp like fuses are, they have see-through plastic covers and you check them visually. The good news is, it's pretty hard to hurt a BCM that way and you probably didn't. The bad news is, sparks like that are prone to fry other stuff that's more sensitive to EMF, like the radio. Hope you didn't trash anything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It won't be a fuse. On a wire that size, it will be a fusible link, located either inside the IPDM box or on the battery card. Fusible links aren't set up to be checked with a test lamp like fuses are, they have see-through plastic covers and you check them visually. The good news is, it's pretty hard to hurt a BCM that way and you probably didn't. The bad news is, sparks like that are prone to fry other stuff that's more sensitive to EMF, like the radio. Hope you didn't trash anything.
Thanks I actually found the fusible link and it is indeed blown. Just having to wait for it because no one locally had it.. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
715 Posts
Yah, those aren't usually stock items even for a dealer, and certainly not for Auto Zone. But glad you located the problem! Happy New Year and happy motoring!
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top