Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 model S, bought from my father about 6 months ago who owned it from new and always been garage kept.. I notice when it rains the floor on the passenger side front gets wet. I don’t know if its door seals or windshield seal. I check the ac drain tube under dash and it has very minimal condensation in it. I think this has been going unnoticed for some time due to the carpet developing an odor. Trying to locate the cause. Any info would be greatly appreciated..

· Registered
1,604 Posts
Does it have a sunroof? If so, the most likely problem is the sunroof drains. The AC drain has to be checked by pulling the hose off and blowing through it, no visual check will tell you anything. You should also poke a skinny screwdriver into the hose nipple in case something inside the HVAC case is obstructing it and causing an over flow. Lastly, pay attention to when it leaks. If doesn't leak when parked in the rain but does when driving in rain, chances are it's a cracked body seam.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does it have a sunroof? If so, the most likely problem is the sunroof drains. The AC drain has to be checked by pulling the hose off and blowing through it, no visual check will tell you anything. You should also poke a skinny screwdriver into the hose nipple in case something inside the HVAC case is obstructing it and causing an over flow. Lastly, pay attention to when it leaks. If doesn't leak when parked in the rain but does when driving in rain, chances are it's a cracked body seam.
No sun roof. Ill check the ac drain again.

· Registered
1 Posts
@Michael81 Did you have your windshield replaced recently or ever? I had the same problem. For two years I had wet carpets. Then the dealership took the car completely apart an found that safelite didn't install the windshield properly. New windshield, no more leaks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts