Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
15 altima. 107k Possible cooler leak or line? Pan gasket seems dry. Has anyone had this problem? . Having trans service at nissan with this problem and maintenance just incase if this becomes a recall theres a easy paper trail. But i like to have idea on cost and if its comon? The rest of the car is clean underneath. Had tyranny twice not want to shift but shut off and restart and was fine . Was a quart low on fluid.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
There is no way to tell where that leak is coming from. You need to completely clean the area, then drive the car for a bit, or let it idle for a while to see where the fluid is coming from.

·
Administrator
333 Posts
How did you know it was a quart low? No dipstick anymore. Or am I missing something. Son had a GM where you remove a plug, fill trans til oil ran out.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
The Nissan CVT works the same way; there's an overflow port where you remove the plug and fill the CVT until the fluid comes out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just make sure the car is level when you do after making a dip stick it showed
15 altima. 107k Possible cooler leak or line? Pan gasket seems dry. Has anyone had this problem? . Having trans service at nissan with this problem and maintenance just incase if this becomes a recall theres a easy paper trail. But i like to have idea on cost and if its comon? The rest of the car is clean underneath. Had tyranny twice not want to shift but shut off and restart and was fine . Was a quart low on fluid.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I made a dip sick showed low dropped fluid only 2 cam e out.After cleaning areas 1 hose seemed wet from flange. Other had a crack. ..took it to nissan incase its becomes a recall or warranty. 560 .. 2 hoses-pan gasket. They showed me the damage with fur.. so raccoon we think. But shifts much better . Thanks for input. I decided to go that route also based on local shops not really wanting anything to do with cvt also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts