Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought a 2015 Nissan Altima S with just the basic radio system that has no screen. I am looking to upgrade to the Nissan OEM navigation system (not interested in the aftermarket versions) or upgrade to the 5 inch screen w/o Nav if Nav option is not an option.

I have seen the actual unit without harness and GPS wire on ebay for ~$250 but cant find the other things online. I really just want to know if I can upgrade to the either of those Nissan OEM displays and if so, where can I purchase the harness/gps wires? Also, is it a tough process to program the software to make it work with my vehicle? Saw the whole package for about $1500 on a website but not sure if its available cheaper.

·
Registered
399 Posts
The trouble is your S won't have the right connections in the Main Harness to fully support a navi. Probably not even to support display audio, although that may be only a matter of adding a reverse signal and backup cam. The harnesses Nissan employs are generally specific to the OE equipment grade, they don't use generic harnesses with all the connections to support upgrading an S into an SV or SL. So unless you want to do a mountain of re-wiring or tear the interior out to change the Main and Body harnesses, you're probably better off with an aftermarket unit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts