Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y’all , so i bought an 2015 Nissan Altima Sv with 50k miles off auction as I’m a wholesaler . I bought this car off from Nissan in riverside California . The car was listed as as is and transmission inop . So I bought the car thinking it was transmission but however when the car arrived , it seemed to be transmission as the car didn’t accelerate. Upon more digging we found out that there was a lot of plug disconnected . Like the cams sensors , the oxygen 02 , and the transmissions one to as I plugged them all in , the transmission connections where disconnected as well . As I connected all the plugs and from the harness the car now the car won’t shut off and has to be forced to be shut down . The transmission also whines as I connected the missing connections from the harness . I guess the dealer already messed with the car . I’m thinking it’s the bcm because the driver side window doesn’t seem to roll up. What do you guys think is the problem? I bought an bcm and a ecm off eBay with a key . Do you think that would solve my problem ??or something else ?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Could be the BCM, but pop the shift knob and fascia off the console first and check the detente switch for the shifter. The actuator rod and spring rust into place sometimes on neglected or flooded vehicles, and the BCM won't let the car shut off if it thinks the detente is pressed. An overnight soak in WD40 will usually free them up. You should be able to force a shutdown by holding down the start button for 3~5 seconds, that's the "emergency kill" feature on all Nissans with a button-type I-key.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could be the BCM, but pop the shift knob and fascia off the console first and check the detente switch for the shifter. The actuator rod and spring rust into place sometimes on neglected or flooded vehicles, and the BCM won't let the car shut off if it thinks the detente is pressed. An overnight soak in WD40 will usually free them up. You should be able to force a shutdown by holding down the start button for 3~5 seconds, that's the "emergency kill" feature on all Nissans with a button-type I-key.
Thank you , I was going to try that but however the car won’t even start now or go to acc ,it won’t even read the key . The car has power and everything but it won’t start at all. I’m having major issues . But I’m going to do it and see what happens

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thank you , I was going to try that but however the car won’t even start now or go to acc ,it won’t even read the key . The car has power and everything but it won’t start at all. I’m having major issues . But I’m going to do it and see what happens
It looks like at this point the best thing to start off with is perform an ECU code readout with a portable scan tool to see if any fault codes are set. The tool can be purchased at most auto parts stores. Post the actual codes here on the forum so that we may be able to help you further. If there is one or more fault codes set, they can help point to the malfunction. If you have a copy of the FSM for your vehicle, the code readout procedure is described there along with a listing of codes. You can download a copy of the FSM from this web site: Owner's Manuals. The section EC.PDF is the one you need to read.

You'll have to determine if there's an ignition or fuel delivery problem. Test each one before throwing parts into the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It looks like at this point the best thing to start off with is perform an ECU code readout with a portable scan tool to see if any fault codes are set. The tool can be purchased at most auto parts stores. Post the actual codes here on the forum so that we may be able to help you further. If there is one or more fault codes set, they can help point to the malfunction. If you have a copy of the FSM for your vehicle, the code readout procedure is described there along with a listing of codes. You can download a copy of the FSM from this web site: Owner's Manuals. The section EC.PDF is the one you need to read.

You'll have to determine if there's an ignition or fuel delivery problem. Test each one before throwing parts into the car.
I do have a snapon scan tool , but however when I scan the car to see the codes , it doesn’t seem to read the car because it says “ no communication “

·
Registered
130 Posts
I do have a snapon scan tool , but however when I scan the car to see the codes , it doesn’t seem to read the car because it says “ no communication “
It's possible the CAN lines (control units are connected with 2 communication lines (CAN H line, CAN L line)) are ether not connected or are damaged. Another possibility is a bad ECU.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts