Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, this noise only is audible at speeds of 70 miles per hour to 80 miles per hour.
It only comes at that speed. It doesn't matter how high my RPMs are or how hard I drive when I get to that speed. It doesn't happen unless I'm at 70 to 80 miles per hour. And it only happens 75% of the time.
It's a electrical buzzing noise that fades as I slow down from 80-70. And then disappears below this speed. Like a metal tapping chain/bearing rubbing against metal, or something metalic flapping in the wind kinda sound. Car has 98k on it. Bearings and alternator and water pump and pulleys all original equipment since it was bought.

Sound is driving me nuts, I have new tires, wheels were imbalanced the first time at pep boys, and use the inner sticky weights. Any thoughts?

Here is the link to video with sound.
Turn the volume all the way up.
I have a stillen exhaust. But never made this sound before new tires.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Changed front wheel bearings, alternator, water pump, tensioner pulley, belt, still making this noise only at highway speeds 70-80.....no transmission shifting problems, no acceleration problems. It's driving me nuts.... transmission fluid new, oil new, brake fluid new....I dunno. Taking it to the dealer tommorow morning.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts