Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a 2016 Altima in March 2016 with 8 miles on it. September 2018 my car suddenly and randomly won’t start. (Daily driver and I mean every single day driver)
The day that started I drove my car running errands, got gas, car wouldn’t turn on after getting gas.

They replaced the battery.

Fast forward to July 2019 and I start having the delayed acceleration and the shuttering into gears.

Multiple visits and into September 2019 I finally get a ECM and TCM reprogramming. But they also tell me that the year old battery is at 40% so they replace it.

Now the new battery from September... car is randomly not starting. I can drive it twenty miles, park for thirty minutes and have to jump the car. Or it can sit all night and cold start. I can drive it, run inside for five minutes, and the car will need to be jumped. I cannot recreate the problem.

I’ve taken it back in to Nissan three times now and they just keep telling me my starter, alternator, and battery are fine. That they can’t help me and they don’t know what’s going on.

The last couple of days I’ve had to jump it still but also I’ve noticed on some of the cold slow cranks... the dash is reset. So it’s definitely losing power somewhere.

Also checking voltage. Turning on headlights drops from 13 to 10
Crank drops to 6.7.

Any suggestions? Anyone been through this?

I’m at 72335 miles. 75k mike warranty.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I bought a 2016 Altima in March 2016 with 8 miles on it. September 2018 my car suddenly and randomly won’t start. (Daily driver and I mean every single day driver)
The day that started I drove my car running errands, got gas, car wouldn’t turn on after getting gas.

They replaced the battery.

Fast forward to July 2019 and I start having the delayed acceleration and the shuttering into gears.

Multiple visits and into September 2019 I finally get a ECM and TCM reprogramming. But they also tell me that the year old battery is at 40% so they replace it.

Now the new battery from September... car is randomly not starting. I can drive it twenty miles, park for thirty minutes and have to jump the car. Or it can sit all night and cold start. I can drive it, run inside for five minutes, and the car will need to be jumped. I cannot recreate the problem.

I’ve taken it back in to Nissan three times now and they just keep telling me my starter, alternator, and battery are fine. That they can’t help me and they don’t know what’s going on.

The last couple of days I’ve had to jump it still but also I’ve noticed on some of the cold slow cranks... the dash is reset. So it’s definitely losing power somewhere.

Also checking voltage. Turning on headlights drops from 13 to 10
Crank drops to 6.7.

Any suggestions? Anyone been through this?

I’m at 72335 miles. 75k mike warranty.

Thanks!

I think your battery is too small or there is a bad ground on the vehicle which I cannot find my damn self. Having the same exact issues and realized the terminal clamps are actually a little too big for the recommended battery after the oem one. Also, check the button and sensor in driverside door see if it is beeping when door is open or not, my 2015 was stuck in I guess or reading it wrong and that killed the battery

1 - 2 of 2 Posts