Nissan Altima Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 altima SV (not sure if that matters), it has the "convenience" lane change feature with the turn signal. If you hit the turn signal right or left, but not enough to engage it, it will flash 3 times to signal a lane change. Well what's happening with my car is sometimes I'll turn the blinker ON completely, and when I make the turn and the blinker disengages, it comes down so hard that it then will engage the "convenience" feature in the other direction and will flash 6 times (3 rounds). It does it at random times there is no rhyme or reason to it, and happens for both left and right side. I can drive for days at a time and it won't happen but then will happen 5 times in a short 30 min drive. Several times this has nearly caused an accident because the person coming in the other direction thinks I'm turning when I'm not. I asked the service department about this the last time i was there for an oil change and the parts rep said nobody has complained about this. She also said if it's not happening when i bring it in for service, then there's no way for them to fix it if it's working properly. Like i said it doesn't happen all the time. This convenience feature is not so convenient!! Is this happening to anyone else and how would you suggest to fix this? please help!!

·
Registered
514 Posts
I've never heard of this particular issue, but the rotating release pawls are static, the springs and the rest of the mechanism are built into the combination switch. So it can really only be two things, either the switch isn't saddled properly on the steering column or it's a mechanically-bad switch.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts