Nissan Altima Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I try to start it I get "I-Key System Error: See owners Manual.
It does not start, but the engine cooling fan comes on!?
No blown fuses, and no obvious wiring issues.
Any ideas on what I should check first.
Thanks!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had to bring my new to us 2017 Altima to have a key fob replaced. The Old fob could be used to start the car, but had use the fob to push the start button. Or the display would say, no key. It was a bad fob. We bought the car just off lease. Dealer said they seen more bad fobs the last few years. Sounds like a trip to a dealer is needed. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
They warranted it as I purchased the car as certified Pre-Owned. They should have caught it. Parts guy said it would cost just under $225 for the fob, and $75 to program it. If you need a new door key cut,, that would be another $25. Need to have your good fob to program the new.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
How much did that cost for a new key fob?
If you go on apps like Wish, Aliexpress, Banggoods, etc. they have the key fob for super cheap. Same exact fob, not a cheaper version or cheaper quality..you'll still need to have it programmed but it definitely the more cost effective way go. You can also find a used one on Ebay for cheap as well, otherwise you'll be looking at around $300 for a new key.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thank you for that info. I still think I have other issues. When I try to start the car by pushing the brake and pushing the start button at the same time, I get the I-Key system error and the engine does not crank. But both engine cooling fans come on and the power steering pump comes on. Also, if I push the start button two times without pushing the brake pedal, both engine fan and power steering pump come on than also. I used to push the button twice just to listen to the radio and I don't remember hearing the other noises

1 - 6 of 6 Posts